Menu
incrediblebran
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

10 second dixconnects

I have been suffering with short 10 second disconnects with no visible pattern for the last 2 weeks and I am wondering if a fix is available as I rely on stable connections as part of my job. I cannot find a pattern and it seems very spontaneous with no indicator as to what is causing it.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: 10 second dixconnects

Hey incrediblebran,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear about the intermittent connection you're getting at the moment.

I've taken a look at your Hub and nothing is highlighting as a cause for concern on first look.

Are you using a wireless or a hard-wired connection? If you've previously tested the wireless, would you please test again with an Ethernet cable connected directly from your Hub to your device, and let us know how it performs.

Hope to hear back from you soon so we can investigate further.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
incrediblebran
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for getting back to me, I use ethernet cable but the disconnects are happening to all wireless devices too.

I rang 150 yesterday and spoke to somebody around 5pm regarding the issue, they told me they could see the problem on their end and fixed it by changing the hub to modem mode and back and by also changing the frequency, yet the problem is still  persistent.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi incrediblebran, 

Thanks for getting in touch! I am sorry to hear that your issues are still persisting even after speaking to our team via the phone. I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tested your connection from here and I can't see anything out of the ordinary, all of your power levels are where they should be and there's no time outs inside the Hubs logs.

Are you still having these issues? If so, have you tried changing the wireless channels to see if that helps performance?

Also, please respond to me here with a recent copy of your Hubs logs for me to compare with the data we have here, you can find these by opening your internet browser and typing 192.168.0.1 into the address bar, before you log in it will say 'Router Status' in the top right hand corner, click there and all the information needed is inside.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos