Menu
dauphine
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Service staus

I've just downloaded the VM app and it seems pretty good. I currently have an intermittent broadband service and a few TV channels pixellating. The new app says no know issues in the area, when I ring to report my own individual problem, I am told thare are known issues with TV and broadband in the area.. Does this mean that I should disrefard the app info in the future? If its not accurate , was it worth putting it on the app in the first place?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Service staus

Hi dauphine

Thanks for getting in touch and letting us know your feedback about the app, that's fab Smiley Happy

The app will pull date for known area issues but not individual issues so it sounds like it's working as it should as service status has always worked in this way.

If it doesn't show there and you have a problem still then call up or get in touch and we will be here to help Smiley Happy

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
dauphine
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen

Thanks for your response.

My point was that the app stated there was no problem in the area and when I rang to report what I now thought was an individual problem, a recorded message told me that there was an issue in the area.

It went on to say VM were working on it and I could sign up for notification when it was sorted.

My question was, if the app gives incorrect information which differs from the actual situation, was it worth including service status on the app?

Regards

Steve

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steve, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this Smiley Happy 

When we have an area fault we do update all platforms. The first is always the phone line as this is usually the first place our customers go. 

The next is the website and then the app. It's possible the App hadn't been updated when you checked Smiley Happy

How are things now? 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
dauphine
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

thanks for the response, I can follow the logic!

There was another episode of intermittent disruptions a couple of days ago, but I went straight to the phone and it was known about and fixed within a few hours. Fingers crossed the issues recently will have been solved, it's been quite a regular occurance recently

Regards

Steve

0 Kudos