Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Started: Service Status

VirginMedia
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff

Service Status on the My Virgin Media App

my-vm-app-service-status-v2.jpgWe think you'll love the new My Virgin Media App - a handy sidekick to your service which offers the support you need at your fingertips.

You can even check the network's service status if the internet goes down, and get instant access to help and handy tips.

If you're experiencing issues with your service you'll be able to check the network status in your area and monitor when any known issues will be fixed. Plus, sign up for text updates on the fault we’re fixing.

All you need to do is to download and install the app, and then sign-in using your Virgin Media account details. Just click on the relevant app store listed below.

Get by with a little help from your friend

If you're experiencing issues with your service you'll be able to check the network status in your area and monitor when any known issues will be fixed. Plus, sign up for text updates on the fault we’re fixing.

Just tap the Service option to see if there's a fault affecting yourself and other customers in your immediate area.08-Service.png

If you want to refresh the information, simply swipe down from near the top of the screen and the app will check again.

If there is a problem that you want to track, you can sign up for text updates - it's as easy as 1,2,3.

1: Tap 'Status'

2: Tap 'Get Text Updates'

3: Enter your mobile number and tap 'Add this number'.

Done!

We know that a few people have noticed the 'add this number' button disappear behind their keyboard. We are fixing this - but in the meantime, here's a simple workaround.

Just pop your number in, and then click on the X in the top right corner.
Go to another part of the app - for example 'Package'.

Then go back to Status and Get Text Updates. The button will have reappeared. Tap it and text updates will be switched on.

Our app will also help you get the most out of your Virgin Media service with access to help articles, FAQs and handy hints. Tapping on ‘Help’ will give you a load of helpful topics to choose from – and a link back here to the community if you need an extra helping hand

Need more help with Service Status on the My Virgin Media App?

Pop a post in the My Virgin Media App forum and let us know the following:

• What device are you using
  • What operating system and version number (eg Android 7.0, iOS 9)
  • A description of the problem - any error messages and screenshots are really useful.
  • Are you connected via home WiFi, public WiFi, or 3G/ 4G when trying to view a service status?

We'll then take a look.

0 REPLIES 0