Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
Fresh as a Daisy
gc-1234234

virgin sim cut down to micro sim?

Am i able to go nto virgin, and ask them to cut my regular sim card down to a micro -sim?
and if so would it work in an unlocked iphone 4
i am currently a blackberry user. 

Please use plain text.
Proof’s in the Pudding
Keato

Re: virgin sim cut down to micro sim?

Hi,

If you go into a Virgin Shop and ask them to cut your SIM down to a micro SIM size chances are they wont as they will not have the tool to do this.

You can actually phone up Virgin on 789 and get a free Micro SIM as your a current customer. They will send you out a 'replacement SIM' which will be Micro and all ready to pop into your iPhone 4.

If you don't want to go down the road of ordering a Micro SIM (free) from Virgin then your other option would be to buy a Micro SIM cutter from ebay (around about £3 to £8) Though with Virgin's free Micro SIM replacement thing in place I don't see why anyone would want to cut their own anymore.

Also, because your a Blackberry user your going to have to call up Virgin and ask them to change your Blackberry Data (services) to 'normal' data. This is because BB data is different to regular data. If you don't do this then the 3G (cellular data) will not work on the iPhone.

Hope this helps :smileyhappy:
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Want to say thanks? click 'Kudos'

Did this answer your question? Click 'Helpful answer' :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
The Sorter
chops

[ Edited ]

You can also cut it smaller yourself with a sharp pair of scissors if you have the correct dimensions or one to use as a template.

Please use plain text.
Proof’s in the Pudding
Keato

I would not advise cutting it down with scissors as there is a greater chance of messing it up.

The best option is phoning Virgin to get free Micro SIM sent out to you.

Second best option is to buy a Micro SIM cutter from ebay and do it yourself.

Scissors = potential fail
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Want to say thanks? click 'Kudos'

Did this answer your question? Click 'Helpful answer' :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.