Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Emerging Talent
tc12
Helpful Answer

problem with sim card activation

I don't know who to contact to get this problem sorted.  I had ordered a micro sim card for my new mobile phone (keeping the same mobile number).  Received it then texted from my old phone to virgin 'ready', so the new micro could be activated.  Meanwhile my mistake I discovered that my new phone didn't actually take a micro sim but accepted my original sim card (I had been putting the sim in the wrong way!!! ddooooh!!).

I telephoned 789 to cancel the activation on the micro sim, but I don't think they understood me.  So I need my original sim card activating again. (the mobile numbers are the same on both sim cards).  At present I can't use my mobile as the sim isn't working, i can only make emergency call.

Please use plain text.
Forum Team (Retired)
Rita-B

Re: problem with sim card activation

Hi tc12,

Let's get this sorted :smileyhappy:

Don't worry we can get you making calls and texting again :smileyhappy:
Please call our customer care team and ask for a standard sim card as the sim card you have is incompatible, what we will do then is send you a free new sim card (next day delivery :smileyhappy: ) and get you all active again!

Here's our Landline number 08456000789 (Any Landline) or 150 (Virgin Landline phone) or 789 (form any other Virgin mobile phone).

Hope this helps :smileyhappy:

Kind Regards, 

Rita B
Help & Support Forum Team

Problem Solved?Fault with your service?We did warn you!
Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
tc12

The problem is now sorted, I went into my local Virgin Media shop and explained the problem.  They told me that the person I spoke to on the phone should have told me that you can't activate a sim card that has been deactivated and they should also have told me that a new sim card would have to be issued to me.  Anyway they looked at my sim cards and discovered that the micro sim card was still active so they just put an expansion piece onto the sim, so my phone can now accept it as it thinks it is a full size sim card.  I also fou

Rita-B wrote:
Hi tc12,

Let's get this sorted :smileyhappy:

Don't worry we can get you making calls and texting again :smileyhappy:
Please call our customer care team and ask for a standard sim card as the sim card you have is incompatible, what we will do then is send you a free new sim card (next day delivery :smileyhappy: ) and get you all active again!

Here's our Landline number 08456000789 (Any Landline) or 150 (Virgin Landline phone) or 789 (form any other Virgin mobile phone).

Hope this helps :smileyhappy:

Kind Regards, 

nd that my contacts list was still on my 'original' sim card even though I couldn't use the card for anything else, but the new micro card had no contacts list on, so they also exported all my contacts across for me.

So well done my local branch and thanks for all the advice etc you gave me re the phone and tarrifs, you were very nice, polite and helpful.

Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
tc12

The problem is now sorted, I went into my local Virgin Media shop and explained the problem.  They told me that the person I spoke to on the phone should have told me that you can't activate a sim card that has been deactivated and they should also have told me that a new sim card would have to be issued to me.  Anyway they looked at my sim cards and discovered that the micro sim card was still active so they just put an expansion piece onto the sim, so my phone can now accept it as it thinks it is a full size sim card.  I also found that my contacts list was still on my 'original' sim card even though I couldn't use the card for anything else, but the new micro card had no contacts list on, so they also exported all my contacts across for me.

So well done my local branch and thanks for all the advice etc you gave me re the phone and tarrifs, you were very nice, polite and helpful.

Please use plain text.
Forum Team (Retired)
Rita-B

Hi tc12,

I'm so glad it is all sorted for you :smileyhappy:

Glad to hear the local branch was able to get up and running straight away too!! :smileyhappy:

Any problems, we are always here to help :smileyhappy:

Kind Regards, 

Rita B
Help & Support Forum Team

Problem Solved?Fault with your service?We did warn you!
Please use plain text.