Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Bright Spark
JohnM29

Virgin (T Mobile) Network Problems?

I have been having problems over the last couple of days connecting to the Virgin (T Mobile) Network. When I first encountered the problem the phone was set to automatically select the network. It nearly always selected T Mobile on switch on (showing full signal strength) but would occasionally flip over to Orange. When trying to make a call on T Mobile you just got 2 beeps immediately after dialling then the call disconnected automatically and return to the phone book or recent call list.  I phoned customer services and they didn't really help at all, apart from suggesting manually setting the phone to select Orange (which appears to work OK).  But that sort of defeats the benefit of having the dual network as it is a bit long winded to keep manually changing networks.

So can anyone tell me if there is a problem with the T Mobile Network? I am in Nailsea, North Somerset. Customer Services said they would investigate and ring me back but that was over 24 hours ago, and I had the feeling they didn't know what they were doing.

Please use plain text.
Trust Me, I’m a Doctor
Krystal_E

Re: Virgin (T Mobile) Network Problems?

Hi JohnM29,

Thanks for doing some preliminary tests to work out what's going on. As I understand it, you're unable to call when connected to T-Mobile but seems fine when on Orange in the last 2 days.

How often does it happen - Is it intermittently working or constantly beeping? Where do you have the issue, is it in one location or multiple and how far have you gone from the first location to test? Is anyone else in the area having issues? It's to fully rule out the sim/phone so we can be sure it's the T-Mobile network causing this.

Our technical team will be able to check the masts in the area in more depth than our general customer services you'd have spoken to first.

Please call 789 if you're out of the area with the issue or 0845 6000 789 (chargeable) and they'll be able to look at this in more detail and give you concrete answers. They're open Mon-Sun 8am-8pm.

Many thanks.

Krystal Evans
Mobile Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Problem with your mobile?
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
John_F

I'm getting the same problem, so is my wife, and strangely enough we too are in Nailsea.  It looks like there is a local issue.  We can't ring out (3 beeps and back to the normal screen) or text out.  Don't know if it's preventing incoming calls/texts as well - would they show up as missed calls?

How can we tell our phones to switch to Orange?

Please use plain text.
Trust Me, I’m a Doctor
Krystal_E

Hi John_F,

Thanks for the information. When you have the issue, do you have signal bars and are the beeps 3 rising tones or the 3 of the same tone? The former signifies no coverage, the latter means the cell has too many people on it - it's congested. 

Switching to Orange will depend which phone you have - all the phones we do have mobile guides here which will advise how to manually select a network. If your phone's not listed, a quick search on Google should help, otherwise please post which phones you have and the forum will be more than happy to find out.

Also, please follow the advise in my previous post. Our technical team will be more than happy to help :smileyhappy:

Many thanks.

Krystal Evans
Mobile Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Problem with your mobile?
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
XIII

There is no way it is only local because I am in Indianapolis IN, and I too have been experiencing the same issue since October first exactly =/
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
XIII

Twice now I have called customer support and both times tech support was having a "glitch" and it said the offices were closed when it clearly wasn't supposed to be as observed by myself and told to me by two separate CSR, I have never had an issue in my area at all until October first, and ever since then there has been something wrong as if towers were out in my area (which I was assured they were not) this is really really frustrating as I need my phone for work and I also don't like having a nearly 200 dollar phone I can't use =[
Please use plain text.
Forum Team
Mat_H

Hello XIII,

I understand the frustration. However, this is the Virgin Mobile UK forum.

I would advise to visit the Virgin Mobile USA website here

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks

Mat
Help & Support Forum Team

Problem Solved?Fault with your service?We did warn you!

Please use plain text.