Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
asteadman

Virgin Media lost my phone number

I took out a second mobile contract with Virgin Media for business purposes, I told them I wanted to transfer a number to it so issued me a "temporary number". When I got my PAC code I rang and told them I wanted to port the number.

I could tell the call centre staff (not sure where it is located) were not English so I went through the details and tried to make sure there was no confusion as to which contract I wanted the number transferring onto.

After 48hour transfer period was up and nothing happened I gave them a call back and went through the details again. Today I realised my main contract number was overridden not the new contract.

My number which I have been using for years and everyone knows is now lost. I have spent the whole day on the issue and it will take me the rest of the week to get in touch with everyone with my new details, and the compesation they offer...... £100! Absolutely livid!

P.S a friendly man at the call centre tried to say I MUST have agreed to that number being lost

Please use plain text.
Brainbox
walkerx

Re: Virgin Media lost my phone number

Wouldn't complain, 3 caused me to lose previous contract with virgin as they told me after taking 5 days to port number they couldn't give me the service and cancelled contract. It then took another week to get Pac off them to move provider. In all without number for fortnight and they offered to pay my bill of £16 which they charged me for less than 2 days on a £32pm contract
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
asteadman

"Wouldn't complain"?
Obviously a number is more valuable to some than others.
I WILL complain. I don't like having to lose days of time due to some idiot who can't do their job properly.
Please use plain text.
Brainbox
walkerx

I meant in regards to compo they offering.

as said if it was three you get hardly anything
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
siloans

They have lost mine too even they have admitted to there fault 

I am getting the cissa involved for compensation I too lost my number from 27 years ago 

how much is that worth all thor work lost contacts from work

Please use plain text.
Trust Me, I’m a Doctor
Krystal_E

Hi siloans,

I'm sorry to hear of your porting issues. Depending on what's been done for you so far, it's worth giving our customer services a call on 789 as they can contact the Porting team to see if they can get your number back.

It would depend on where the number originated from, but it's worth a shot.

Many thanks.

Krystal Evans
Mobile Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Problem with your mobile?
Please use plain text.