Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Emerging Talent
Mario0678
Helpful Answer

Samsung Galaxy Ace Firmware Update.

Hi,

Recently, I check my phone to see if it had an update. My current Android version is 2.3.3, and I've seen many people with Android 2.3.6. I check if I had an update by going into: Settings > About Phone > Software Update > Update.

After I check to see if I had an update, it didn't had any. I downloaded this program on my PC called 'Samsung Kies', it showed I had an firmware update.

(My current firmware: PDA:KPU / PHONE:KP7 / CSC:KP1 (VIR).)

(Latest firmware version: PDA:KS3 / PHONE:KS2 / CSC:KP1 (VIR).)

But, my sister said it can mess up my phone, if I update it. What do you think the best solution is? I'd appreciate it. Cheers. :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Brainbox
mronks

Re: Samsung Galaxy Ace Firmware Update.

Depends if you want to update it or not? The KS3 update is 2.3.5 and is the latest for Virgin, 2.3.6 is the latest for the generic UK, probably not much difference between the two, I'd just update with KIES to 2.3.5.
Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
Mario0678

Thanks so much. :catwink:

Please use plain text.
Brainbox
carnivalist

[ Edited ]

would this apply to Ace Plus? In other words does the Ace Plus have an update as well? I can't check myself as it's my mother's phone. She lives 200 miles away and won't know what do to unless I tell her.

Please use plain text.
Brainbox
mronks

carnivalist wrote:

would this apply to Ace Plus? In other words does the Ace Plus have an update as well? I can't check myself as it's my mother's phone. She lives 200 miles away and won't know what do to unless I tell her.

You can see the updates here, but we can't say if there's an update without knowing what it has already:

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/1/?model=GT-S7500&pcode=VIR#firmware

Please use plain text.
Brainbox
carnivalist

mronks wrote:

carnivalist wrote:

You can see the updates here, but we can't say if there's an update without knowing what it has already:

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/1/?model=GT-S7500&pcode=VIR#firmware

Brilliant. So I find that the firmware for my mother's handset has never actually been upgraded form Gingerbread to ICS, despite the fact that the Virgin SayAnyOldBSToMakeASaleMobile salesperson faithfully promised that such an update would be forthcoming. (Before anyone asks I was there so I heard him say it.)

Please use plain text.