Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
The Sorter
paperclip

Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 - Switching Itself Off Intermittently...AGAIN!!!

[ Edited ]

My Virgin Media contract phone according to the repair centre is required to go back to the repair centre and this time it has been appointed to a senior technician as it is still switching itself off for no apparent reason, and has done so again for a fourth time, once since coming back from the repair centre for the very same fault.

While I can understand that is the Virgin Media procedure when a fault exsists on their contracted phone is is extremely frustrating to me the customer, especially as I will need to go through all the motions again installing my apps etc.

What confuses me is how do they know it will be fixed once they send it back to me because this issue only occurs every so often, and no way can they keep my phone for a lengthly period.

Todate the phone has turned off by itself a total of 4 times.

If my mobile switches itself off after having been back to the repair centre for a second time I will certainly be contacting Offcom!

EDIT,

Apologies if I have another thread with the same issue on here, but I couldn't find one hence this thread.

Please use plain text.
Mythical
jb66

Re: Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 - Switching Itself Off Intermittently...AGAIN!!!

Happened to my s3, I did a restore from the settings menu and was fine ever since
No longer registered
Please use plain text.
The Sorter
paperclip

[ Edited ]
Do you mean go back to factory settings? If you do well my phone has already had that performed more than once and issue remains.
Please use plain text.
The Sorter
paperclip

The thing is about the switching itself off issue is that if you need to turn the phone off manually for whatever reason then you aren't really going to know if the issue with it turning itself off on it's own has stopped or not, only if you intend to keep the phone on all the time will you ever really know.

I post this as my phone turned off all by itself yesterday with 38% battery charge remaining, I don't think this should be doing this and wondered if anyone else has started to experience this problem?

This is the 5th time this has occurred since I have had the phone, and I have only had it for 7 months!

Please use plain text.
The Sorter
paperclip

Turned itself off for the 6th time since I have purchased it, it had 18% remaining when I turned it back on again!

Will a new battery resolve this issue??
Please use plain text.
The Sorter
paperclip

Strange how this seems to be missed for replies.
Please use plain text.
Forum Team (Retired)
Rita-B

Hi Paperclip,

So sorry for the late reply. If you are still having problems please call our technical team on 789 (any Virgin Mobile Phone) or 150 (Virgin Land line) or 0845 6000 789 (from any other Landline) open between 8am-8pm Mon-Sun and they can look in to this further for you.

Kind Regards,

Rita B
Help & Support Forum Team

Problem Solved?Fault with your service?We did warn you!
Please use plain text.
The Sorter
paperclip

Rita-B wrote:

Hi Paperclip,

So sorry for the late reply. If you are still having problems please call our technical team on 789 (any Virgin Mobile Phone) or 150 (Virgin Land line) or 0845 6000 789 (from any other Landline) open between 8am-8pm Mon-Sun and they can look in to this further for you.

Kind Regards,

Thanks Rita, I just called them.

Please use plain text.
The Sorter
paperclip

A question I have is as follows:

My phone has already been for repair via Virgin Mobile the once, but if a repair has been arranged via Samsung themselves also under the warranty does this equate to being included for repair twice? therefore if I sent it away for repair again either via Virgin or Samsung would that be the third time in total as noted by Virgin Mobile?

Please use plain text.
Forum Team (Retired)
Rita-B

Hi paperclip, 

Thank you for your reply.

When our technical team book you in a repair it is classified as a repair.

If you have been through to Samsung directly it wont be classified as a repair.

Kind Regards,

Rita B
Help & Support Forum Team

Problem Solved?Fault with your service?We did warn you!
Please use plain text.