Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Crafty
denbill

Returns

Yesterday I rang 0845 6000789 and was passed from one to another for over half an hour while trying to arrange for the return of a new mobile phone which had been delivered that day and due to certain factors was no longer required.At the end of that time I was no nearer achieving my goal than when I started.Also sent e-mails to "TheTeam" and just received acknowledgements.So the question I am asking is can someone advise me how to speedily get this unopened package returned to Virgin and my money refunded.You will understand how apprehensive I am wnen I tell you that on the 5th March I was promised a jiffy bag to return a Dir-615 router which had been sent to me in error,and even after repeated e-mails and telephone calls I am still waiting.Is there any body or organisation that we dissatisfied customers can lodge a complaint to because all who work for Virgin just seem to look upon customers as a nuisance. 

Please use plain text.
Trust Me, I’m a Doctor
Krystal_E

Re: Returns

Hi denbill,

I can fully understand your apprehension on this. Has your Mobile issue been resolved?

Our customer services team will be able to order a csg returns bag for your handset - once ordered, it will be sent out by 1st class Royal Mail to you and be received within 3-5 working days (excluding the recent Bank Holidays). Our team will be able to check the status of this.

Please let us know how you get on.

Many thanks.

Krystal Evans
Mobile Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Problem with your mobile?
Please use plain text.
Crafty
denbill

Thank you Krystal for your reply and I will keep you in the picture as things progress.The situation now stands as follows:-Saturday 30th March I rang the Virgin mobile team line no.0845 6000789 and was passed from one person to another over a period of over 30 minutes until finally ending with a lady named Reiza who said she was unable to complete return arrangements due to some internal problems and she would ring me back on Sunday to finalise things.Due to this lady failing to keep her promise I had to again ring the mobile team on Sunday 31st March and spoke to a lady named May who said she would make the arrangements for the return of the mobile phone and gave me a job no. 303080 for reference.Trust and hope things progress quickly as I need the refund to purchase another mobile phone as my wife and I are in our late eighties and need a mobile phone for emergency use if required.

Regards

denbill

Please use plain text.
Crafty
denbill

For the attention of Krystal

Promised to keep you updated but must admit I become more confused by the day in my dealings with Virgin.When I started to arrange for the return of this mobile phone I expected to be sent a jiffy bag,which you confirmed would be the method of return.Yet today wnen I again rang the mobile team and spoke to a lady named Katherine she informed me a courier would call at my house with a jiffy bag to put the phone in and presumably take it with him,but when I asked when this would happen she said probably tomorrow but could not say for definate.I then explained that we could not stay at home indefinitely not knowing when this courier would call due to Hospital and Doctors appointments,including shopping.I concluded our conversation by advising we both had Doctors appointments for tomorrow morning and then we had to go shopping but would be home all day then from noon and home all day Friday and Saturday.I may be wrong but this system seems rather bizarre and inconsiderate of the customer.

Regards

denbill

Please use plain text.
Crafty
saltire01

THEY SHOULD SEND YOU A GREY BAG/ENVELOPE WHICH YOU PUT MOBILE IN AND TAKE TO POST OFFICE....THIS WILL THEN GO TO NUNEATON ....THATS WHAT HAPPENED WITH MINE ANYWAY
Please use plain text.
Crafty
denbill

Thanks saltire01 for your input and that is what I expect to receive,a jiffy bag.What Katherine said about a courier bringing a jiffy bag does not make sense.Could you tell me how long from start to finish before you received your refund.

Please use plain text.
Trust Me, I’m a Doctor
Krystal_E

Hi denbill,

Sorry for the confusion when calling customer services. You'll receive the bag via Royal Mail as specified in my previous post.

Yodel would only be involved if you were exchanging the handset for a different one in the CSG period so this wouldn't apply to you.

It can take up to 14 days (due to card processing) to receive a refund once it's reached the warehouse.

Many thanks.

Krystal Evans
Mobile Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Problem with your mobile?
Please use plain text.
Crafty
denbill

Latest report to Krystal_E ref mobile phone return,pleased to advise that the Mobile Team  are on top of the job and have kept to their promise of sending me a prepaid jiffy bag which I received by this mornings post.Got it all well wrapped and off it went by the 2.30 afternoon post and now I wait for my refund.To be quite honest I have been pleasantly surprised by the speed by which this has been dealt with and must award the team full marks as I was very apprehensive after now waiting a full month for the other lot to send me a returns bag for that router Dir-615.Have sent several e-mails and made phone calls but the ignorant clods just ignore them,what a comparison between the two teams.

Regards

denbill

Please use plain text.