Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
The Sorcerer’s Apprentice
coyle06

PAC Code Request

Could someone please help me. I am looking to request a PAC code to transfer my mobile number to another network and am unable to speak to customer services on the telephone.

Please use plain text.
Wizard
Fonefixer

Re: PAC Code Request

AFAIK thats the only way to get a pac code.. I may be wrong though. Have yuou tried emailing them through the site?

-----------------------------------------------------------
Mobile Phone Service Company Engineering Director - I don't work for Virgin!

Need help with your phone? Look at my homepage (link in my profile!)
Please use plain text.
The Sorcerer’s Apprentice
coyle06

I have finally spoken to customer services who have given me a PAC code. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Clever-clogs
Sticks

I have two mobiles with Virgin on PAYG and one of them I need to switch to another network so it is easier to justify having the two by citing a resiliance reason.

I requested the PAC code through the Virgin Mobile site last weekend and have not received the PAC code for the particular phone.

How am I supposed to get it?

I promise that the other phone is to stay with VM and possibly go onto SIM only contract.

Please use plain text.
Clever-clogs
Sticks

I did get a reply and I have replied to their reply asking for clarification

Am now waiting to get back to me re the PAC code for one of my mobiles. I also explained that I want my other mobile to remain with Virgin and moved over from PAYG to SIM only contract

BTW when moving from PAYG what happens to unused credit

BTW2 the phone I am changing to the other provider, what happens to that credit?

Please use plain text.
Superuser
BenMcr

[ Edited ]

BTW 1) You will lose the credit

BTW 2) You should keep the credit on the other providers SIM as far as I'm aware

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Please use plain text.
Clever-clogs
Sticks

BenMcr

Your signature says you work for Virgin. If you do not mind me asking can you say what section?

I remember in 2006 the number of my other mobile which I want to remain with Virgin went over to direct debit so it would work while I was out in Canada. On my return to the UK it went back to PAYG.

So what tarrif woould I have been on?

Please use plain text.
Superuser
BenMcr

I work in the cable side of business, not mobile. So my knowledge is a limited when comes to the Mobile side of things.

So unfortunately I wouldn't know what tariff you would have been on in 2006, sorry.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Please use plain text.
Clever-clogs
Sticks

Have now got my PAC code but when I take that phone over to the other supplier I will loose just over or under £20 ish of credit.

As for the other phone it is now on the SIM only contract as they still had my banking details from 2006 which helped. The credit from that phone has gone towards my first bill

It would have been nice to have transferred unused credit from the phone that has to go to the other service provider to the phone I took onto contract

:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
ray156

[ Edited ]

my contract up on 28th june after 2 yrs,thank god,i asked for pac code from virgin mobile,as the phone now belongs to me,nokia n8i paid for and bought phone over the 2 yrs,But hold on !!!,is the phone mine or is it still virgin mobiles phone,looks like the latter,as they want £15.32 to give me pac code.for my own property....i was going to sell the phone as will get more for it,unlocked,and use my htc with a virgin sim only deal,well if virgin want to be petty and hang onto the nokia.then think i will go back to primary school days and do same,,i wont take the virgin sim only package,for my htc.i will cancel my daughters sim only £12 package,i will move my broadband/telephone/tv package in october,when contract up.so for a £15.32 unlock code,sorry virgin you are losing £64 per month from me...virgin need a rethink on trying to charge people for there own property.greed does not pay.

Please use plain text.