Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Making Waves
petethegreek

Network lock

How do I know if my phone is locked to Virgin Mobile. Following comments on this board I tried an orange sim. The phone asks for a pin which I assumed is The sim pin then it asks for and SP code what is this

Pete

Please use plain text.
Proof’s in the Pudding
Keato

Re: Network lock

You could try using Google every now and then :smileyhappy:

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Want to say thanks? click 'Kudos'

Did this answer your question? Click 'Helpful answer' :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
petethegreek

yeh had read some things on the net but still wasnt clear if it was the current sp or the sp of the new sim i needed to approach for the sp code

Please use plain text.
Trust Me, I’m a Doctor
Krystal_E

Hi petethegreek,

The handset needs to be unlocked by the carrier who issued the phone in the first place.

If you purchased the phone from us, please call 789 and our team willl be happy to issue an unlock code for you. There's a £15.32 charge for this.

Many thanks.

Krystal Evans
Mobile Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Problem with your mobile?
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
petethegreek

hi Krystal

you make it sound so easy after 2 calls i finally think if have got an unlock code ordered, im told it could take anything from 7 to 30 days to be delivered why is this?.

it would have been easier to do this with an email or maybe a page on the web site i can almost recite the imei code i have repeated it so many times

Please use plain text.
Trust Me, I’m a Doctor
Krystal_E

[ Edited ]

Hi petethegreek,

I hope I can clarify this for you. It's typically up to 7 days as the unlock codes and instructions are sent by letter.

The only time it will be over this (up to 30 days) is if we're unable to source the unlock codes and need to go to the manufacturer to obtain them, but this is typically not the case.

On the plus side, if you ever lose your phone, you'll know the IMEI to block it instantly :smileyhappy:

Many thanks.

Krystal Evans
Mobile Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Problem with your mobile?
Please use plain text.
The Sorcerer’s Apprentice
hiphopgal

[ Edited ]

SP code is the service provider code used to unlock your phone. 

Please use plain text.