Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
cagedgimp

Network Problem?

[ Edited ]

Is anybody having any problems with the network?  My fiance and I are both on Virgin Mobile and are both experiencing the same problem.  Data does not seem to be a problem as Facebook, Twitter, Email etc.are all working fine but we cannot receive/make any calls/texts.

Is there any way to check the network status in the area?  We are both in Plymouth PL3 & PL7

Many thanks

Please use plain text.
Trust Me, I’m a Doctor
Krystal_E

Re: Network Problem?

[ Edited ]

Hi cagedgimp,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your signal. Currently, we're seen an increase in the number of signal issues reported around the Plymouth area.

There's a few things we can check to rule out other potential causes. From your post, you mention both you and your fiance are having the same issue.

How far are the locations in PL3 and PL7 from each other? If they're roughly 5-10 miles from each other, they may be connecting to the same mast. Have you been able to try the phones outside of the Plymouth area to rule this out?

Firstly, please try taking the battery out of the handset whilst the phone is turned on (or on and off if no removable battery), remove the sim card and wait 30 seconds before putting the phone back together and switching back on. This will refresh the connection to the network and elevated any temporary software glitches.

Next, please try switching between Virgin (T-Mobile) and virgin (Orange) and between 2g and 3g on both networks to identify a culprit. This can also help you use the handset whilst we're looking to the issue.

As you're having the same network issue with 2 handsets, this would rule out the sim and phone. Please give our team a call on 789 (if the Virgin sim works outside the area) or 0845 6000 789 and we'll be able to diagnose further and collect examples where necessary. Our Technical team are open Mon-Sun 8am-8pm.

Many thanks.

Krystal Evans
Mobile Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Problem with your mobile?
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
TJ1616

Hi,

Same problem here, also in Plymouth, on both mine and my husband's phone. Switched from "Virgin" to "virgin" and now I get service again. Hope this helps sorting out the problem.

Please use plain text.
Clever-clogs
dfwood

Hi,

We are seeing the problem here in the TQ12 area. 4 mobile phones all on Virgin, even my brother who is on Orange is having problems.

I've aslo had friends at work who are on T-Mobile having the same issues.

Is there a wider problem?

Dan

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
Gummy

[ Edited ]

hi,

I am having the same problem here at EX34 but husband in EX4 is fine.

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
goldieboldie

Hi all,

I've been having the problem all day my signal keeps jumping in and out. I'm at Saltash PL12 area.
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
goldieboldie

I've just called virgin mobile again and they have said there are engineers sorting out the problem.
Please use plain text.
Clever-clogs
dfwood

Does anyone know if there has been an further update on this?

People still at home, are unable to get any voice signal. Trying to switch between Virgin and virgin does nothing but come up with an network registration error.

Moving outside of the affected cell and you get voice signal again.

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
Juliasimm

I still have no signal in TQ12. Phoned the number above and that was no help!  Any news anyone .

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
allsaintchris

Have had the issue for 2 days in TQ2.

Called help, they suggested removing battery whilst phone was switched on and remove sim card as well, this apparently reboots the phone as opposed to just normal swiching on/off.

Seemed to work (for now) as can call/txt again.

Please use plain text.