Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Clever-clogs
Nuladen

Galaxy Ace turning itself off. (update?)

Hi all,

I upgraded my phone a couple of weeks ago and got the samsung galaxy ace which keeps turning itself off, I've done a factory reset and it continues to do this.

Having read a bit around the net it would appear that it might be a problem with the software and that the new Gingerbread update will fix it, do we know of any likely timescale for a software update from VM for it?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Brainbox
mrbunch

Re: Galaxy Ace turning itself off. (update?)

Hello ive had mine 3 weeks and it does the same ,phones virgin they claim faulty batt . Im still waiting for new batt to be sent . But if this is a softwear prob should i try to get virgin to replace it ???

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
annt49

I had the same problem, but a replacement battery didnt fix the problem, they had to send me a new handset which is fine - touch wood!
Please use plain text.
Super-Solver
Trickiejohn

Its also caused by some of the apps - so if you have down loaded any delete them all hard reboot and see if there is any improvement - if so then add the apps back 1 each day until you find out the culprit - hope it helps

From Sunny Glasgow
if you want to say thanks click 'kudos' and if this has answered your question click 'helpful answer'
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
andreww1967

I've experienced the excat same issues since receiving my Galaxy Ace in early May.

I agree with most internet posts that the problem is linked into wifi settings.

After various research and trials and errors  I came to the conclusion to turn off wifi whenever not in use and wait for (which I assumed was imminent) a software &/or firmware update. No such update seems forth coming so I've contacted the Virgimedia support desk.

The virginmedia help desk is as useful as a chocolate tea pot.No records of anyone else having Galaxy Ace issues. They took the details but didn't phone back. When I contacted them again they had no record of my previous enquiry & the nett result was to speak to the Technical Helpdesk which isn't open until Monday morning.

So back to having to remember to manually turn off the wifi settings after each use,

Please use plain text.
Clever-clogs
Nuladen

I sat on hold for the tech department for over 30 minutes last week, then the line went dead :smileysad:

Will try again this week.

I've already factory reset the phone to see if it was an app, it wasn't.

And it has also turned off at least once with wifi turned off.

Please use plain text.
Brainbox
mrbunch

Ok had same problem ,virgin sent me a new handset ,3 day later same thing happening .Ive been on hold for over an hr an 15 mins as I'm typing this. Customer service is a total joke 6 weeks two hand sets and a technical department that told me they have only 15 people on to cover the whole UK .Sort it out virgin its amature.
Please use plain text.
Clever-clogs
Nuladen

Useless...

Having been on hold today for nearly an hour I eventually got through to technical who are insisting on taking the phone in for repair because some git did not log my initial call and the second one was a day outside of the 14 day period.

After having had VM steal money from me at the initial contract setup and now deny me a phone for four days I'm tempted to get legal advice in regards to cancelling the contract due to their various breeches.

Not at all impressed.

Please use plain text.
Clever-clogs
Nuladen

[ Edited ]

And to top it off the paperwork that arrived with the returns envelope this morning had the following in the reported fault box:

"TO003 HANDSET CHARGING BUT NOT SWITCHING ON"

Not even close to the fault reported, is the entire Virgin mobile team just inept and incompetent or have I just been exceedingly lucky in getting all the idiots?

Please use plain text.
Brainbox
mrbunch

No your not lucky it virgin at its best ha ha ,i had a 1 and a half hr wait and finally after some ranting spoke to somebody with half a brain .I changed my hand set to a htc wildfire s .Th e girl i spoke to admitted the ace is a problem for them .
Please use plain text.