Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
The Sorcerer’s Apprentice
staff26

Free Insurance / Mobile Rescue App

Approx 2 weeks ago I took out a 24mth Contract on the Galaxy S2. I'm an existing Virgin customer so got the deal that included free mobile insurance. I received my phone the day after ordering, no probs, but have received no insurance information which i was told would be sent separately. I was told at the time of purchase that the insurance needed to be acted upon/activated within 14 days of recieving the phone......

Can anyone from VM shed any light on what happening with the insurance ?

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
sallycort

Re: Free Insurance / Mobile Rescue App

Same here, I bought my Galaxy S2 in early July, and read that I would receive a text with an activation code for the app.  After 2 weeks, I rang up and was assured that a text would be sent in a couple of days, and a welcome pack with insurance details would also be sent.  I'm still waiting....

Please use plain text.
Brainbox
carlman

[ Edited ]

I got an S2 at the end of June and was told there was free insurence included in the deal but told nothing of having to activate anything , I recieved an insurence booklet with the phone detailing what the insurence covered .

Now I'm unsure whether I'm insured or not  .

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
sallycort

[ Edited ]

I've given up waiting and have now activated it myself!  Go to http://www.newasurion.com/virgin/mobile-rescue and set up an account.  You can then send a link to your phone to download the app and use the pin code you've set up online. 

You can also download a copy of the insurance document.

It looks like you've got to work out how to do all this by yourself without any help or prompt from Virgin....

Please use plain text.
Brainbox
carlman

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the link sally .

Why is averything to do with Virgin such a ****** headache , I went to the Mobile Rescue site and tried to login with my virgin media and mobile account and it won't let me log in , I can't find no other way to make an account it just taks me to the log in page ...Arrrrrrggggghhhh

Please use plain text.
Brainbox
carlman

Got it sorted , I E-mailed the support team and they sent me instructions , apparently I was supposed to recieve a text but it never arrived .

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
eileenmilner

You need to have a google account to activate the resque and insurance.  I struggled for days and in the end went to a virgin store and got the assistant to login for me.  So if all else fails do that.

Please use plain text.
Wizard
hansi

I wouldn't bother with it. It's a real pain. I bought a Galaxy Ace 2 which had free insurance and VM downloaded the programme on to my phone. But it's a flaming nuisance. It has, on about four occasions told me that my phone is locked and then I need to enter a code to unlock it. The only criteria I have put for locking the phone is when it's used in another country. I know I live in Wales, but the phone has not been anywhere near England, which is my nearest other country!:smileywink: So I have now uninstalled it, and use use Vipre Security onlne which I get free as part of my PC anti-virus package.

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
ARtitley

I have had the very same trouble, I took out a contract in August, Free insurance?  Did not receive any particulars and kept asking VM and they stated to get in touch with Asurion, they in turn said VM.  I lost my mobile in March and ASURION refused my claim? because I had not registered the phone, (but how could I when I didnt have the details to do it)  I have appealed and SAURION sent the forms to complete having considered my appeal.  I am now awaiting the outcome of this.  One thing is certain when my contract is up I will go somewhere else, Customer Service at VM is very poor and they dont want to know neither do AURION.

Please use plain text.
Wizard
hansi

I rang 789 last week about why my insurance had expired after six weeks, and they put me through to the insurance company, but after 30 minutes of hanging on to hear " Someone will be with you shortly etc" I hung up. Heaven help anyone who loses their phone while covered with this insurance. My app has now been uninstallled, Come on VM, get your finger out and get this sorted:smileymad:

Please use plain text.