Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
The Sorcerer’s Apprentice
Marrea

Can’t view “See your bill” in My Account

[ Edited ]

Today I received an email from Virgin informing me that “The bill for your mobile from Virgin Media [mobile number here], is online now and ready to view or download.” 

Unfortunately however I can’t view or download it.  I can log in with no problems and view every other page listed under “Your Account summary”, ie “View recent calls”, “View recent payments”, “Manage tariff”, etc but every time I click on “See your bill”, the page doesn’t display.  I have tried several times today using three different browsers and two different operating systems, with error messages as follows:

Windows 7, Internet Explorer 9

“Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage.  What you can try:  It appears you are connected to the internet, but you might want to try to reconnect to the Internet.”

Windows 7, Google Chrome

“This web page is not available.  The server at yourstatement.virginmobile.com can't be found, because the DNS lookup failed. DNS is the web service that translates a website's name to its Internet address. This error is most often caused by having no connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be caused by an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventing Google Chrome from accessing the network.”

Debian 6.0 Linux, Iceweasel (Iceweasel is simply Debian’s own name for Firefox)

“The connection has timed out.  The server at yourstatement.virginmobile.com is taking too long to respond.”

There can be no problem with my internet connection as I can access all the other sections of My Account and also I can access all other (non-Virgin Mobile) websites.  So is this a general (temporary?) fault on the Virgin Mobile site, or is it just affecting me for some reason?  Grateful if someone from Virgin could explain what is going on.

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
Trevatthepub

Re: Can’t view “See your bill” in My Account

I get the same message on win 7 too.
doh.:-(
Please use plain text.
Super-Solver
Trickiejohn

try setting compatability mode on your browser (the icon that looks like a ripped piece of paper on the top line of internet explorer) it might help, my bill is displaying ok win 7 explorer 9 with compatability view

From Sunny Glasgow
if you want to say thanks click 'kudos' and if this has answered your question click 'helpful answer'
Please use plain text.
Omniscient
slated

Nothing to do with IE9/compatibility mode unfortunately, I am getting this in Firefox 5.0:

Capture.JPG

Making Waves
candest

I also can not view my bills. Everything else works (slowly as usual on the virgin site). Virgin are breaking their contract with me. The site also does not show the details of bundles when I click on change bundle and only shows one more expensive bundle anyway, not any of the others they have. Virgin are a joke for a media company.
Please use plain text.
Marrea

Well at least this confirms it is not only me.  I must say I find this extremely unsatisfactory.  I have only been a Virgin Mobile monthly contract customer for two months.  I had no difficulty viewing my online bill last month, but now that has all changed and I can't see this month's. 

Virgin state:

See your bill online

• Get your bill online, instead of through your letterbox.
  • We'll email you as soon as they're ready to see.
  • Then simply visit Your Account and have a look.
  • As you go along you can see up to 12 of your last bills online. You can download, print and even analyse them. It's free to set up and you can do it right here online.
  • It's a great way of saving paper too!

Simply?  It would appear there is no "simply" about it.  I am more than happy to save paper and certainly don't want to incur the extra £1.25 a month for a paper bill but surely it is completely unethical for Virgin to take an amount from my bank by direct debit while at the same time (for whatever reason - website cockup no doubt) not allowing me to see my bill details and thus preventing me from checking whether what they are charging me is correct.

So again can someone from Virgin please explain to me and others here experiencing the same problem what on earth is going on and when it will be fixed.  It is just not good enough.  If you are not going to allow me to see my online bill, then I think I have justifiable grounds for insisting that you send me a paper bill without charge.

Please use plain text.
Marrea

Later PS  I've just tried Windows 7, IE9 with Compatibility Mode turned on, and it doesn't work in that mode either.

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
Garym239

Cannot see my bill either on Safari, Google chrome or IE7 on another lap top..Very annoying, anyone know what is going on ?

Please use plain text.
Brainbox
leebert

Hi guys n gals,

I had the same problem with internet explorer, So decided to use mozilla firefox, & since have had no problems with viewing bills. Hope this may be of help.

Regards

LeeBert

Please use plain text.
Wizard
hansi

Just wanted to say I have IE8 and I have never had any problems with viewing the Virgin Mobile page.

Please use plain text.