Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
The Sorcerer’s Apprentice
matt348dj

217mb Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus (GT-S7500) update downloaded but won't install?

Hi,

Downloaded a 217mb update over wifi this morning ('stability improvements' apparently), but during the install process it said something about a 'checksum fail', then booted back up and said 'firmware update failed'.

Phone still works thankfully, what update is this? Worth me trying again?

Thanks,

Matt

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
gor_don

Re: 217mb Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus (GT-S7500) update downloaded but won't install?

got this myself today doesn't install just fails

thought for a minute it was the new android jelly bean 4.1.1 update this phone is due

Please use plain text.
matt348dj

Re: 217mb Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus (GT-S7500) update downloaded but won't install?

Certainly seems big enough to be a version update... although I thought I heard somewhere that the JB package was more like 400mb...

I've cancelled the software update now, but that failed attempt has helpfully stolen 200mb of my phone's internal USB storage that I won't be able to recover. Oh well!

Any comment, Virgin? I don't think these updates are beamed directly by Samsung are they? They have to go through you first?

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
gor_don

if the firmware was available to download from a site (hint hint)

you could use a program called odin to upload it to your phone

it's not jelly bean as I have defaulted to the samsung default firmware because of a error with this download not virgins customized I should have

not really any difference though apart from the my account shortcuts missing and a default samsung startup screen

is virgins default firmware for the galaxy ace plus available to download anywhere ?

Please use plain text.
matt348dj

Not available anywhere that I know of, I'm afraid.

I've turned off all software update checking now, 2.3.6 is lovely and stable really. Not sure I ever believed the Jelly Bean rumours for these mid-range phones anyway. Sounds like a marketing ploy.

Please use plain text.
The Sorter
rayhipkiss

[ Edited ]

gor_don wrote:

if the firmware was available to download from a site (hint hint)

you could use a program called odin to upload it to your phone

it's not jelly bean as I have defaulted to the samsung default firmware because of a error with this download not virgins customized I should have

not really any difference though apart from the my account shortcuts missing and a default samsung startup screen

is virgins default firmware for the galaxy ace plus available to download anywhere ?

There is a site you can download Samsung firmwares from and the latest version available for the Ace Plus is 2.3.6 (PDA S7500XXLK1, CSC S7500VIRLK1) if your phones are Virgin branded or for non branded phones it's version 2.3.6 (PDA S7500XXLH3, CSC S7500BTULH1). Dial *#1234# into your phones dial pad to find what version you have. Have you tried updating via Kies rather than OTA?

http://www.sammobile.com/firmware/?page=3&model=GT-S7500&pcode=VIR&os=1&type=1#firmware

Please use plain text.
matt348dj

Thanks for that, last time I tried via Kies it said the device couldn't be updated.

Seems I have S7500XXLH1, so guess I am behind.
Please use plain text.
Trust Me, I’m a Doctor
Krystal_E

Hi guys,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

The latest update on our repair tool is S7500XXLH2. Our handset team are currently liasing with Samsung to see if they're aware of any issues with updates.

If I need any more information to help them with this, I'll let you guys know :smileyhappy:

Please note: Using Odin will void your warranty. As rayhipkiss stated, it's best to check for updates through Samsung Kies if you can.

Many thanks.

Krystal Evans
Mobile Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Problem with your mobile?
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
gor_don

the problem is the latest versiuon of kies or the last few are reporting that phone not supported not jusr for this model but other models as well so that's no good and as the version of kies on the phone does everything but fiormware updates you are really rather stuck

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
Jlloyd97

Gingerbread to ICS

Good morning.

The other day a message came up on my phone (Galaxy ace plus) asking if I would like to upgrade the software. So I said yes. Plugged it in made sure the the wireless was connected. Left it to it. After half an hour the software was downloaded. I set it to update. Halfway through it froze. I told it to wait rather than force close (About three times )

Then as it was not doing anything I can cancelled it. Switched off and back on. It went through the process of reverting back ok. So no damage done. Then it came up with the message about updateing again so said yes again. This time rather than freezeng it went through the whole process than said it had failed. I made sure the phone was Ok and left it.

The next night I tried again now It says there is no update available !!

And does anyone know what might be causeing it to fail ?

Kies does not work for me as it says "not supported alert" message. (Windows 8 64bit)

Any ideas

Jonathan

Please use plain text.