Just joined
lil_emma

cant view my picture message

i got a text message saying go to the site www.virginmobile.co.uk/getmessage but there is no site and i cant find it on here, can someone help please.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Tech Wizard II
Trickiejohn

Re: cant view my picture message

Its on the Virgin mobile site, you can't view it from a mobile normaly

also to see mms on the phone just send a picture message to your own mobile, when it arrives you are set up to go.

If you have problems post back with the make and model of the phone or look here :

http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/setup3gAndGprs.do?contentId=setting.up.3g.gprs.howdoi.sm101

From Sunny Glasgow
if you want to say thanks click 'kudos' and if this has answered your question click 'helpful answer'
Please use plain text.
Settled in nicely II
AlanDavison

Yeah, I'm unable to retrieve a picture message via https://getmessage.virginmobile.co.uk as well. Just keep getting a 502 error.

Hopefully they'll sort it out soon.

I don't work for Virgin, and I may be slightly mad. Take my advice at your own risk.
Please use plain text.
Settled in nicely II
AlanDavison

I hate to bump, but I found a solution that at least works for me. Instead of going to www.virginmobile.co.uk/getmessage (which, incidentally, still doesn't work), try going to https://www.mms.t-mobile.co.uk/mmcp/Render/index.jsp instead. Yes, I'm with Virgin, but bizarrely enough, I can retrieve my picture messages there fine. They don't display in the browser correctly, but if you use the forward to email function, it should work.

Of course, it COULD be that since my number was transferred from T-Mobile (I believe, not 100% sure who I was with previously), that somehow their portal is still accepting my picture messages. Either way, using the T-Mobile MMS retrieval thing works. I'm going to call Virgin tomorrow and point this out to them, because it being down for what must be at least a week by this point is just unacceptable.

I don't work for Virgin, and I may be slightly mad. Take my advice at your own risk.
Please use plain text.
Just joined
ezza123

i cant find my picture message and i dont know where to put my code because you sent me a text saying that i should come to youre website and put my code in but i cant find  where i put it.

Please use plain text.
Tech Wizard II
Trickiejohn

Click on the link in the first post, then as it says enter your mobile number and the code  :smileyhappy:

you will need then to click on the phone nember that sent you  the message to view it

to get them on your mobile you need to send one first

sent your first picture message to your own mobile number, then when it arrive you are sure its set up  :smileyhappy:

From Sunny Glasgow
if you want to say thanks click 'kudos' and if this has answered your question click 'helpful answer'
Please use plain text.
Just joined
fiazip

Why can't they just send the flaming picture like they used to in the backward olden days when it already worked fine??  Huh?

Please use plain text.