Settling in
robertrshield
Helpful Answer

Virgin Mobile Network Signal Problems

Originally I joined Virgin Mobile in November 2012 because it used the T-Mobile Network signal in my postcode area SA11 2NE in Briton Ferry. When using the T-Mobile signal it gave me an excellent HSDPA connection and data speeds and everything run along at a lightening pace, however, since around the 5th April 2013 suddenly lost the T-Mobile signal in my postcode area and the signal switched to Orange. When the signal switches over on to Orange I am only able to get a weak intermittent 2G connection with no data speeds at all in my postcode area and most of the time my connection disappears altogether leaving me with No Service, (cannot make or receive calls or send or receive messages etc, on Limited service only).

Furthermore since Monday of this week T-Mobile signal seems to switch off early morning and gets switched back on between 17:30 to 18:00, during the period when T-Mobile signal is off it switches over to Orange signal. When the signal switches over on to Orange I am only able to get a weak intermittent 2G connection with no data speeds at all in my postcode area and most of the time my connection disappears altogether leaving me with No Service, (cannot make or receive calls or send or receive messages etc, on Limited service only).

I now have to travel 1 to 2 miles in any direction away from my postcode area before I can either pick up an excellent T-Mobile HSDPA signal, or an Orange 3G signal.

Is anyone else having these problems?

Cheers

Please use plain text.
Tech Wizard I
Krystal_E

Re: Virgin Mobile Network Signal Problems

Hi robertrshield,

Thank you for the detailed information regarding your signal issue.

As you're able to pick up the signal 1-2 miles away from your postcode area, this sounds like it could be a mast issue in your area. Please give our Technical team a call on 789 where they'll be able to check and investigate further for you.

Our Tech team are open Mon-Sun 8am-8pm.

Many thanks.

Krystal Evans
Mobile Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Problem with your mobile?
Please use plain text.