Emerging Talent
sugarbabenl

How to Tether a Blackberry: virgin mobile settings

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I thought I'd post this, as I've spent a good afternoon trying to get the settings to tether my blackberry! 

1) Open Blackberry Desktop Software

2) Click tools >> Mobile internet settings

3) Once the screen pops up, click 'add'

4) Input the following settings

Profile name: whatever you like - i typed Virgin Mobile UK

Username: User
Password: leave blank

Access Point: goto.virginmobile.uk

5) Press connect

6) The bottom left of the main page should then say connected

Note: The amount of internet you use comes out of your allowance, so if you go streaming videos and

using skype you'll end up exceeding your data allowance and will be charge ALOT!!

Blackberry Desktop software shows the amount of data you have used in the left hand corner along with the

time you have been connected - so keep an eye out!

Enjoy! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
Connor2524

Re: How to Tether a Blackberry: virgin mobile settings

Thanks sooooo much been looking everywhere for this info, as I'm going to be away from home, and I can't take the router with me haha, so great info, 5 stars

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
drsharky

same again brill answer
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
Lakeside

Thank you for such a clear cut and informative post. Having awoken on Sunday to no Virgin Media internet, and to be told by their Indian Call centre that I should expect it to be out until Thursday, panic ensued! Luckily we were back on line by Monday, but the thought of a recurrence and the realisation that it was possible to tether the BB Playbook tablet via the BB 9300 to Virgin Mobile, thus getting i/net from them instead, drove me to investigate the possibility. Possibility became fact in but a few minutes thanks to you, sugarbabenl. We now have a safety net for the next time our cable connection to the world wide web collapses, and all thanks to you! 

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
TerrificTrev

Thank you so much for posting your help. I had become exasperated trying to tether my BlackBerry mobile to my PlayBook but with your help I did it in minutes. Thanks again.

Please use plain text.
Crafty
stazi

Er... if only 'tethering' was still allowed.

Please use plain text.