Fresh as a Daisy
Confusion

iPhone 4S on Virgin 24 month contract

Has anyone else experienced having a clear Virgin 3G service, but still not have internet connection? I have endeavoured to receive help through Virgin's customer helpline, but the operator was completely non-plussed!  (I can only connect to the internet by WI-FI). Any input would be HUGELY appreciated! Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Clever-clogs
jsnmac

Re: iPhone 4S on Virgin 24 month contract

I had this with my 4s. Took it to Apple who restored it, but as the problem persisted they replaced the unit under warranty. Though at that time virgin did not support the iPhone. Try a full restore or reset your network settings. Settings>general>reset>reset network settings. Good luck. 

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
Confusion

Thank you for your input! I took myself to the Virginmedia shop in Lewisham and they, basically, did a re-set (as you advised) to no avail! After several attempts (and considerable time) to fix the problem it was decided to remove the sim and try it in another handset. The engineer (who had been called via customer service by the shop assistant) then, with the assistant, decided it was a faulty sim. I have been given a temporary pay-as-you-go sim, 20 minutes of calls, 20 text messages and 200mb of data until my new contract sim arrives within three working days; which has resolved the problem, it seems. Oh well, at least I now know that the phone is not malfunctioning! All rather irritating - but such is technology! Thanks again for your input!

Please use plain text.
Clever-clogs
jsnmac

Not a problem, just glad you got it resolved.

Please use plain text.
Forum Team
Rita-B

Hi Confusion,

Glad to hear you eventually found the root of the problem and great help from jsnmac.

If you need us, pop us a post, we are always here to help :smileyhappy:

Rita B
Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?

Please use plain text.