Menu
jan_no_my_name
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

wife's phone in my name want to change to her name

When the phone was purchased (don't laugh) in 2003 (same Nokia 3310 still going), for some reason it was in my name, not my wife's, probably because she didn't have an email address at the time. Can the name on the account be changed to my wife's so her card can be added for top-ups? The email address has been changed to hers now she has one.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: wife's phone in my name want to change to her name

Hi jan_no_my_name,

as you mention top-ups, I'm assuming the account is Pay As You Go. If this is correct, then there is no problem.

You (as the account holder) need to speak to customer services (free call, 789 from the mobile) and tell them that you wish to transfer the mobile number to your wife.

Your wife can then take over the call to register the number in her own name with account password.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: wife's phone in my name want to change to her name

Hi jan_no_my_name,

as you mention top-ups, I'm assuming the account is Pay As You Go. If this is correct, then there is no problem.

You (as the account holder) need to speak to customer services (free call, 789 from the mobile) and tell them that you wish to transfer the mobile number to your wife.

Your wife can then take over the call to register the number in her own name with account password.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.