Menu
Spiritweaver
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

why do you have to trade in to upgrade?

my contract is due up in 4 months, I've had my current phone 20 months at a cost to myself of £480. i got a phone call today supposedly an incentive to upgrade and actually its put me off upgrading with Virgin at all! if i want to upgrade i have to trade in my current handset and as it has a slight crack/scratch on screen i need to pay £76 to upgrade! so I pay £20 short of full value for my phone have to give you my phone and then pay for a new mobile for 24 months! can you tell me on what planet is that an incentive? and do people actually fall for this scam?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: why do you have to trade in to upgrade?

you have a damaged phone that you want to trade in as part of the cost towards a early upgrade. as the phone is damaged you can't get the same value for it in the trade in. Simple. Wait until the contract is up. Keep the crashed phone and upgrade at teh end without the trade in
0 Kudos
Spiritweaver
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: why do you have to trade in to upgrade?

That's my point I didn't ask to upgrade neither did I ask to trade my phone in! The scratch wouldn't deter from a private sale where I would certainly get more than £20 for it! They phoned me allegedly offering an incentive to upgrade early, this wasn't an incentive the old system was better! Vodafone offered my husband an early upgrade better phone no upfront cost all before his contract was due and not once did they demand a trade in! Just saying!
0 Kudos