Menu
showshifter
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

want to cancel pay monthly sims.

I received  a  phone call from a person who I could not fully understand as I have bad hearing. I eventually hung up on the person but they phoned me a second time. I then hung up again and blocked the number.  A few days later I received 4 letters thanking me for agreeing to pay by direct debit. Then a few days later again I received 4 pay monthly sim cards. I later checked my bank account to find 4 direct debits set up in favor of Virgin Mobile. I did not agree to any of this and want to know how to have it all canceled. When I phone customer services I keep getting some one with a foreign accent who I cannot make out all what they are saying.  

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: want to cancel pay monthly sims.

Hi showshifter,

fortunately there is a 14 day "cooling off" period, during which you can cancel without any charge.

(I would advise not to activate any of the unwanted SIM's otherwise you will be liable for any usage charges which may occur).

You could try calling and speaking to a member of the Team again: 0345 6000 789.

Or cancellation can also be given in writing:

Virgin Media
PO Box 333
Matrix Court
Swansea
SA7 9ZJ

Please be sure to include all your details and be aware of the time it will take your letter to arrive.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Superuser1718.png

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi showshifter,

fortunately there is a 14 day "cooling off" period, during which you can cancel without any charge.

(I would advise not to activate any of the unwanted SIM's otherwise you will be liable for any usage charges which may occur).

You could try calling and speaking to a member of the Team again: 0345 6000 789.

Or cancellation can also be given in writing:

Virgin Media
PO Box 333
Matrix Court
Swansea
SA7 9ZJ

Please be sure to include all your details and be aware of the time it will take your letter to arrive.

Superuser1718.png
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If you get no luck with Virgin very quickly and easily, i myself would quickly get the bank involved about the 4 unauthorised DirectDebits setup in your account.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
showshifter
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I phoned the mobile team on 0345 6000 789 and was told they would cancel the sims. I wonder will they confirm this in writing and should I return the sim cards to them?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi showshifter,

hopefully since you have spoken to the Team and been told that the SIM's will be canceled, this will happen.

I don't know as you will receive written confirmation but keep a note of the date and time you made the call.

There is no need to return the SIM's.

Superuser1718.png
showshifter
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I also phoned my bank regarding the unauthorised direct debits being set up. They said this was Virgin taking advantage of me already having a direct debit in their favour for my tv, phone and broadband they have all the info they need to set up the others. Not illegal but sneaky of them. Will keep an eye on virginmedia and my bank account from now on. lol

Thanks guys for your support in this.......hopefully this is the end of it.

0 Kudos
Kev1612
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I don't want to worry you further but please be very careful and check your account around the due billing date.  After having lots of promises that a sim card had been definitely cancelled it pops up every month and I am still billed for it. See my post on here 'Constantly being billed for non-existant sim card.'

Hopefully you will not have the same problem, but dont take anything for granted.

0 Kudos