Menu
karenhdogwalker
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

upgrade tafiff but cannot keep number

I need to upgrade my sim only mobile tariff as need add  data.  Virgin mobile say to do this I cannot keep my number.  I cannot change this number as I also use this phone for small business use and is used on business cards, website and advertising sites.   I note if anyone transfers from another mobile company they can transfer number so why cant I keep number.  Virgin just say I cant. Has anyone found away around this problem

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: upgrade tafiff but cannot keep number

What you are saying makes no sense, you can call 789 choose the option to leave, tell them what sim only deal you would like impress that you must have the same phone number.

I think you just got a numpty trying to sell a new number as all sales staff get commission
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: upgrade tafiff but cannot keep number

Hi karenhdogwalker,

I'm guessing that you want one of the "double data" SIM offers?

You've been told the only way would be to take out a new contract with new number.

As you point out, if anyone transfers from another mobile company they can transfer their number.... so...

Once you've got your new SIM only plan with "double data" and new number. Call the team and give notice of cancellation for your old SIM & request a PAC (Porting Authorisation Code) for that number.

Port your number out to another network (cheapest/easiest available SIM from any other network).

Then once established on a new network, request a PAC from that provider and port the number back to Virgin onto your new pay monthly SIM.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos