Menu
joelcal
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

transfer of account details

Hi all,

Would appreciate any help.

My mobile no. is linked to my business, letterheads, biz cards, biz contacts etc.

Unfortunately, the account for virgin is in my wife's name, and she left me approx 18 months ago. She has now cancelled her contract with virgin mobile, and this means my monthly sim contract will end approx 20th October. I tried contacting virgin who would not release any info regarding changing the account for my mobile to me. I do need to keep this number, and am wondering if anyone has any info which could help achieve this. Many thanks in advance. Joel

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: transfer of account details

It's possible but you need to be on good terms with the ex
When the contract ends she needs to call in and de-register the sim, saying she no longer uses it, then 24 hours later you call in and register it in your name. When that process is complete you can then apply for a full contact or sim only contact.

You may use the phone and its number but she owns it.

There is an alternative. When the contract is about to end, you take out a contract with a different supplier, your ex calls in and asked for a PAC, you give the PAC to the new supplier they move the phone number onto your new contract phone or sim only deal
0 Kudos

All Replies
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It's possible but you need to be on good terms with the ex
When the contract ends she needs to call in and de-register the sim, saying she no longer uses it, then 24 hours later you call in and register it in your name. When that process is complete you can then apply for a full contact or sim only contact.

You may use the phone and its number but she owns it.

There is an alternative. When the contract is about to end, you take out a contract with a different supplier, your ex calls in and asked for a PAC, you give the PAC to the new supplier they move the phone number onto your new contract phone or sim only deal
0 Kudos
joelcal
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for reply.

Unfortunately, she is not responding to any contact. Will probably have to change no.

More expense

I have everything else with Virgin, so thought there might have been an option for me to just change the account over to my name, as the original account has been cancelled.

0 Kudos