Menu
jane_finnemore
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

third party charches

Just had email from Virgin said my bill was ready, I have just left Virgin so was surprised to see there was a £20 bill, on phoning Virgin mobile they said it was for receiving a third party test on 2 separate days but from the same people each text cost me £10 to receive.  i did not receive or make these texts.  It seems that companies can send out these texts even though I have not asked for them or want them and I have no say in the matter because you do not know that you are going to receive them and just the fact that they say that I have received these texts (I know that I have not) from a third party from someone whose details they cannot give other than a phone number which when phoned asks you to leave a message and asks if you to press different options for the speed of a return call of which I do not trust so put the phone down because I do not want more ridiculous charges.  I have to pay, virgin said there is nothing that they can do about it.  Please be aware contact Virgin Mobile and tell them to block third party texts.  I nor anyone else in my family have ever heard of this otherwise I would have asked for virgin to put a block of these texts.  Please has anyone else come across this and what did you do about it?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: third party charches

Hi jane_finnemore,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I apologise wholeheartedly for you being charged £20 for these texts messages. I appreciate this was a surprise, it's happened to me in the past and it's never nice when it occurs. 

I'm afraid we don't have a facility to block text messages. This can be done on the handset itself, but premium text messages can still be charged regardless of whether you receive them or not. This is because it will still hit the local network you're connected to and that's enough for the sender to put the charge on.

If you log into your mobile account online account you'll be able to see the itemised bill and the number will be on there for you to see. From there you may be able to trace the number on Google. If you're still using the same number then you may still be at risk of these charges. You should ask your new provider if they have a blocking facility.

Hope this goes someway to explaining things.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos