Menu
chilly60
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

terrible customer services

My daughter currently has a contract for Apple iphone 6 with a monthly data allowance of 4gb which was the maximum at the time of taking out and costing £38.54 a month

This is not enough and this month has incurred £26.10 in extra usage.

On the website there are plans that offer 10gb for the same phone, so I thought i would give customer services a quick call to update her contract to this.

Unbelievably I have been told by them there is nothing they can do as she is tied into a 24 month contract, and we are six months into this.

I understand that there is a contract to pay off the phone, but thought they would just be able to move the tariff over to the 10gb plan, in theory paying them more a month.

So for new Virgin mobile customers they are able to get 10gb of data, but existing customers only 4gb.

I have been a loyal customer of Virgin Mobile for maybe 10 years with three mobile accounts and have never missed a payment for any of them. I also have virgin Media TV/broardband/Landline services, which I have had since the old telewest days 20 years. There seems to be no benefits for loyalty these days.

What I have said to the call centre is that I will reduce her tariff down to the minimum £5.08 + the cost of the handset £23 and get a sim only deal from someone else.

I have looked and you can get SIM only deal with Talkmobile with 2500min 5000 text and 15gb data for £15 a month. So I will only be paying £43.08 and Virgin will be losing out on £18 a month from me.

Why is there no flexibility with these multinationals?

So frustrated.

Lee

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: terrible customer services

Sadly the days of virgin being a customer focused company have long gone, now owned by a USA based company, they seem to have have little interest in the consumer. There have been several similar reports on here recently, all have failed to gain any traction and no satisfaction.
chilly60
Joining in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

why would this thread not be appearing?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

chilly60 wrote:

why would this thread not be appearing?

Hi,

it is appearing.

It's just that it's been moved to : Manage Your Account > Account Mobile.

I've therefore removed your duplicate post as per forum guidelines.

AlexKid :-)

0 Kudos
chilly60
Joining in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Is there anybody from Virgin that has any comments on this?

Lee

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

chilly60 wrote:

Is there anybody from Virgin that has any comments on this?

Lee

It can take up to 2 weeks for any Virgin staff to get to your post, so you may just have a long wait (that's if they decide to answer it anyway)

Also note, that repeatedly 'bumping up' your post only sends it to the back of the queue again, sadly, meaning the long wait just gets longer..Smiley Sad

Virgin REALLY don't care about their customers once they have 'signed on the dotted line'  as JOhn pointed out...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi chilly60,

I'm sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the information you have received from us when calling in to discuss changing your current contract for your daughter's phone. 

I'll be happy to review this for you to see if it's possible to request an upgrade for you.

I'll send you a private message requesting further details so that I can check into this for you. Just click the envelope icon at the top right of this page to access the pm.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi chilly60,

I've arrange for a member of our Mobile team to give you a call about this. 

Please let us know how this goes for you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Chilly60 said:
"What I have said to the call centre is that I will reduce her tariff down to the minimum £5.08 + the cost of the handset £23 and get a sim only deal from someone else.

I have looked and you can get SIM only deal with Talkmobile with 2500min 5000 text and 15gb data for £15 a month. So I will only be paying £43.08 and Virgin will be losing out on £18 a month from me."

If you go down that route I would be careful before taking on any other sim-only and check with a PAYG sim first, you'll most probably find your iPhone is locked to Virgin/EE network.

Fingers crossed, the post above this one from Terry_P will bring good news for you :-)
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
chilly60
Joining in
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Teabag,

I have been onto retentions today and they have advised that all they can do for me is offer a SIM only for £18 a month with 10gb of data, this is in addition to having to pay for the current contract I have with them (£23 phone + £5 lowest tariff) total £46.

I have been assured by them that the phone is unlocked and I will be able to use another providers SIM.It will work out £3 a month cheaper with 5gb extra than what they have offered.

Unbelievable

Lee

0 Kudos