Menu
colinfriend
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

sim card in a dongle

I  used  my  mobile  sim card  in my  lap top dongle  last month   as I  was  away from home.  I have  1 gb   of data per month,   and have no idea   of knowing when I have   reached  the  1 gb.    my  worries are  that  I could have   gone past  my  1 gb  and  might have incurred  extra charges,  my   monthly  bill   was renewed  today   10th   but  when i  click  on  recent usage   I can not   find out   my charges   before midnight,    is   there any way   I can prevent this happening ?   like  automatically   disconnected  from the internet   once the 1 gb   has been reached,    I have just    noticed   that   an amount   under     new charges  since last bill   as there   is no usage   listed !!!!! extra charges.PNG

0 Kudos
colinfriend
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: sim card in a dongle

extra charges.PNGusage.PNG

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

What about if you click the bit under the £8:80 that say view your recent usage?

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I see that £8.80 as, your refresh date was today, your bill has not been produced yet, so £8 for your monthly charge + 80p used in extras.

Data is £2 daily, so it's not that.
Would guess 2 x 40p for MMS's or some extra on the calling side?
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
colinfriend
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

it shows  I havent used anything  thats  the   other pic  I put on   

0 Kudos
colinfriend
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

ah  so thats  my next   bill   yes they  have billed me for 2   picture messages   which I am dispute about  as I dont send pics  or   long texts 

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes, that's the bill you'll get in a day or two.

It goes in limbo (as recent usage) on your refresh day for a couple of days untill the bill is made up and issued :-)
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
colinfriend
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

thank you all for your  replies,  very helpful  people on here ,   cheers Smiley Happy   

0 Kudos