Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5 (500 Views)

refused credit

Help please - if possible.

I have been with virgin media (broadband + 3 mobiles) for about 17 yrs, have always paid by direct debit and have NEVER missed a payment.

I have just finished my 2yr contract on my mobile and decided to go for a cheaper tariff, so applied for a 30 day rolling contract at £9.00 a month (£1.00 cheaper a month than old contract) as i got more minutes and data, i was refused credit after a credit check !!!!

Is it that on the day my contract run out it happened to be my 65th birthday and that i retired that day as well ??????

Can someone advise me here because i can not see how after all those years of payments with no faults and always passed virgin medias credit checks in the past that suddenly i am refused !!

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5 (947 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by bigbird
‎17-03-2017 17:32

Re: refused credit

Won't be anything to do with you. This is a common complaint on this forum, people with excellent credit rating being refused.

Don't know what their criteria is but I'll bet you won't find a search on your Experian credit file.

There are 2 email addresses that come up. You could try the first one and wait, or take a walk into town tomorrow and find someone who will give you credit. I'll bet that option will prove easier.

ConsumerUnderwritingServices@virginmedia.co.uk

CreditFileAmendments@virginmedia.co.uk

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

All Replies
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5 (948 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by bigbird
‎17-03-2017 17:32

Won't be anything to do with you. This is a common complaint on this forum, people with excellent credit rating being refused.

Don't know what their criteria is but I'll bet you won't find a search on your Experian credit file.

There are 2 email addresses that come up. You could try the first one and wait, or take a walk into town tomorrow and find someone who will give you credit. I'll bet that option will prove easier.

ConsumerUnderwritingServices@virginmedia.co.uk

CreditFileAmendments@virginmedia.co.uk

Just joined
Message 3 of 5 (421 Views)

I've just experienced the exact same problem. I'm a virgin media & mobile customer and have been for years. 3 mobiles  and full media package. Never missed a payment. My phone is due for an upgrade, tried on line twice just to get an error message. Called virgin pressed all the correct options, finally got through to someone who took all the details and then said they would need to transfer my call which they did. Gave all the details again once I was transferred and the call cut off and kept taking me back through options at least 5 times so cut the call off and rang again. Went through the whole process again to be told I failed the credit check and was offered a phone I didn't want. When I asked for an email address to make a complaint I was told there isn't one, my options There are few companies these days that don't provide email or on line form, Virgin need to catch up with the digital age.

Maybe pen, paper, and public call boxes would be preferable to the service virgin offer.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 5 (339 Views)

Well i let my fingers do the walking, went to uswitch and got a sim only deal which gave me more than virgin mobile and for 50% less monies and flew through credit check ...so soon its good bye virgin .... 

0 Kudos
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 5 (178 Views)

bigbird wrote:

Well i let my fingers do the walking, went to uswitch and got a sim only deal which gave me more than virgin mobile and for 50% less monies and flew through credit check ...so soon its good bye virgin .... 

That's what I keep hearing: people leaving and getting what they want with no problems. It's almost as if Virgin don't want customers.

0 Kudos