Menu
Message 71 of 149 (766 Views)

Re: recent usage

Thanks Harry, 

I'd first of all try the app out, if you're still having issues, then uninstall and reinstall by all means, and let us know how things go, so that we can pass it on. 

Cheers 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 72 of 149 (761 Views)

Moderator Huw_
A reinstall has since happened with no difference in the ongoing problem.
0 Kudos
Rising star
Message 73 of 149 (758 Views)

[ Edited ]
Let me firstly say that I do not have an issue with neither the application or the call link as since my tariff refreshed for my 4g sim a couple of months ago I found both to work.

I'd like to point out that the application (account app) should work for all under 3 and 4g, however if anyone has recently upgraded their sim card from 3 to 4g then you should find that the application will work, but I'm going to explain why there may be issues for some people.

If you are connected to a wifi in a shop for instance it then depends on how they've set up their security ports as you may still find that you will receive the Ooops message if they (the shop) haven't set it up correctly, it should always work on your home virgin hub if you have one that is, but like I say when out and about there could be issues, explaining further, the my account app works for me, but sometimes I'll receive the Whooops message if I'm connected to an improperly set up wifi hub/router in a cafe (Waterstones) for example, but when home it works on my virgin wifi and on 4g, you have to accept cookies first of course on 4g then go back to Wi-Fi and all should be fine.

Definitely delete cache on browser as per mods instructions first.
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 74 of 149 (741 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have cleared my cache and still get the same error message I was getting before.  I am logging in on a Windows 10 laptop and get the same error page as Lil'Squabbit posted a few hours ago.  I have been getting this for several weeks now.

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 75 of 149 (722 Views)

Yes confirmed. The link which gives the error is https://mobile.virginmedia.com/ecare/login

I think it's only for the case where 2 of my mobile numbers are on the same account number. I have 6 mobile numbers and god knows why they merged 2 onto 1 account. My other phones are on their own account.
On our wavelength
Message 76 of 149 (714 Views)

Frustratingly, the problem persists no change as far as I can see!

Use two browsers (IE 11, and Firefox)

Cleared Cache and cookies on both.

Devices used were a Desktop, Laptop, Ipad pro and phone.

I really do wonder whether this was just a clutching at straws scenario by the technicians.

On our wavelength
Message 77 of 149 (691 Views)

Heartbeat
My sentiments also. It's a merry-go-round. First promised a 'fix' anouncement, then an anouncement, and still no joy.
On our wavelength
Message 78 of 149 (673 Views)

Still messed up on my account.

Over a month now still showing. 

"Oops, something's gone wrong!

Please try again in a few moments"

Tried on app,Mobile web IE, Chrome,And 3 different pc's.

Really cant believe you haven't fixed this yet!!!!! 

Tuning in
Message 79 of 149 (652 Views)

I've tried PC, ipad,mobile phone,edge,chrome and Safari with all the other recommendations and it's still Oops!

Billing and payments still seem to work OK. Strange that?

Message 80 of 149 (648 Views)

Hi guys, 

Thank you so much for your feedback on this, I've been advised today that due to the posts made here stating that the issue is ongoing that the development team are now continuing to work on this fault. 

I also enquired whether the "Fix" that was deployed on Friday evening should've restored the mobile app, however this was for the online web version only - the App team also continue to work on the fault. 

Thank you so much for your patience, and apologies once more. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos