Menu
paperclip
Rising star
Message 41 of 156
Flag for a moderator

Re: recent usage

I take it you're experiencing the whoops message even when using it via your own home wifi?
HarryHarwell
On our wavelength
Message 42 of 156
Flag for a moderator

Recent usage

I'm still seeing a "WHOOPS!" when activating the Manager app after two months.
I can't continue without a 'usage' reading - even as an 'unlimited' user - because my usage might breech the (so called) 350 Gb "fair usage" limit.
I've tried to access a data-reading via (both) logging in online and messaging an apparently defunct number.
I understand there's been a general problem with the present Manager app. but i'm now in the 3rd month of this unacceptable billing system.
0 Kudos
HarryHarwell
On our wavelength
Message 43 of 156
Flag for a moderator

I can't get Wi fi anyway.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 44 of 156
Flag for a moderator

Hi All,

Apologies that the issue with viewing Recent Usage is still going. Checking on this, our technicians are still working on this fault. I'll update this thread as soon as I have more information from our support team. 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this causes.

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 45 of 156
Flag for a moderator

Hi All,

Apologies that the issue with viewing Recent Usage is still ongoing. Checking on this, our technicians are still working on this fault. I'll update this thread as soon as I have more information from our support team. 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this causes.

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

paperclip
Rising star
Message 46 of 156
Flag for a moderator

I personally don't think there is a fault, the OP mentions manager app, is he actually talking about the My Account Application?

Some outside wifi shops and cafés don't have sufficient security ports therefore the account will fail, I see no reason why it should fail when using mobile Web though, I myself once had the Ooops message but it all sorted once the tariff refresh went through, so mine works as it should, I don't worry if I get the Ooops message when opening my account app in certain shops etc as it's more like I say a security issue on their side.
0 Kudos
HarryHarwell
On our wavelength
Message 47 of 156
Flag for a moderator

The "My Account" app was updated to 'Manager', so it's the same thing.
It's true people are finding a fix after a 'refresh', but others aren't.
I use a web connection, (not Wi fi) but the persistent "WHOOPS" message prevents me signing in.
To my mind that's a fault.
0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 48 of 156
Flag for a moderator

No, you are mistaken, the application from Virgin Mobile is called Virgin Mobile My Account not manager.

There is no signing in required, it works together with your sim card, and once you accept the cookies for mobile Web under 3 or 4G it should automatically log into your account details.
paperclip
Rising star
Message 49 of 156
Flag for a moderator

Although it shows the recent usage as per data and minutes it doesn't go into detail or show anything that says Recent Usage like it does when manually logging into your account with email and password.
HarryHarwell
On our wavelength
Message 50 of 156
Flag for a moderator

What it's called isn't the issue here - it was referred to as 'Manager' (somewhere) and it sounds like your saying they're two seperate apps.
Ignore the 'sign in' comment as this was a misdirective caused by the tech dept when phoning them !!
Thing is the older app worked fine, and whilst some are having luck (with the updated "My Account") too many are still having trouble with the updated version.
0 Kudos