Menu
John_Hepburn
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

"Using the internet" 1KB – 12KB £1 charge 'out of tariff' regularly everynight ??

Hi

Can anyone please shed light on why Iphone 5S on my bill appears after midnight to rack up a charge of £1 for 1KB tor 12KB of out of tariff "using the internet' when it's left right beside my desk with Wi-fi.

Just checked my bill and this this eating quickly through the £10 a month I pay for the Unlimitacular: Big Data and Texts PAYG as I have to keep regulary topping it up.

See screenshot off the accumulation of charges 

Virgin-media-charges.jpg

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: "Using the internet" 1KB – 12KB £1 charge 'out of tariff' regularly everynight ??

Hi John_Hepburn,

if you are out of tariff (over the 1GB reward data that your £10 top up will have earned). Then £1 is the correct charge on pay as you go for upto 100MB per day.

It may be occurring because when in standby your phone's WIFI "goes to sleep". Or it may be certain Apps or the OS pushing for a mobile data connection.

You could always disable (turn off) mobile data on your phone until you receive your next "rewards" to prevent further charges.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: "Using the internet" 1KB – 12KB £1 charge 'out of tariff' regularly everynight ??

Hi John_Hepburn,

if you are out of tariff (over the 1GB reward data that your £10 top up will have earned). Then £1 is the correct charge on pay as you go for upto 100MB per day.

It may be occurring because when in standby your phone's WIFI "goes to sleep". Or it may be certain Apps or the OS pushing for a mobile data connection.

You could always disable (turn off) mobile data on your phone until you receive your next "rewards" to prevent further charges.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.