Menu
scudsy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

phone damage

sent phone in for repair ,now told casing damaged (perfect when it left me but virgin wont believe me ),and i would have to pay £66.00 to get it fixed ,why should i be expected to pay for some thing i did not damage,sad to say been with virgin for 25yrs (since cable tel days)but glad i have 30day rolling contract on all virgin services tv,broadband,2 mobile phones so going to end them all i dont appreciate people questioning my integrity especially as i have acted in good faith,so word to all take photos of phone if sending it in for repair 

scudsy

HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: phone damage

You are not the only one.

Search this forum for 'phone repair' and see the way VM treat customers.

EVERY person that 's tried to use the repair scheme. ends up with a phone in a worse state than it went to them in.

This is one reason why I would NEVER EVER, purchase a phone from VM...

VM always pass the buck, and all you get is a phone that they have made worse, for your money.

Leave VM WELL ALONE if you want to purchase a phone...go ANYWHERE than VM...(Their 'credit scoring' system STINKS too)Smiley Tongue

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hugh, not everyone, you're going loved the top. However you are pointing out some valid points that I agree with 100%
0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

This is getting a bit too regular. 

scudsy
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

meant to say this is the second faulty phone last time they sent me an obvious refurbished phone, just glad to have phone back,so  i did not worry about it till faults started(stupid me)have asked for proof of damage still waiting,proof packing was not damaged stupid  Virgin they did not take photo of packaging,maby  this is a ploy, i therefore am expected to take their word,  but they wont take mine,have decided to contact national newspaper,maybe they will listen to them,as i said i don't take kindly to people calling my integrity in to question

0 Kudos
Tudor
Well-informed
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I think this shows that if you are sending a phone for repair with anyone you should take photos of it beforehand. You can then categorically tell them they are lying. 

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi scudsy

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry to hear about the issues you've had with your phone repair. 

I've dropped you a PM with some more information (purple envelope) - please respond to the PM directly and we'll get you some help with this.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

martinfamo
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I believe im the latest victim to this.

Have you managed to resolve?

I sent my phone to investigate a fault not reading the Sim card, I called them for an update to be advised they were not repairing due to a cracked screen. It did not have a cracked screen and my only assumption is VM repair centre broke the screen to avoid repairing?

I am taking this further via Litigation/small claims.

I was wondering if you would be wiling to provide a witness statement in due course?

0 Kudos
scudsy
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Still no further forward in my case but yes if a statement from me can help I would be quite willing to provide this .

0 Kudos
leescothern
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I am a long term customer... over 15 years, that i remember, have phone, tv, broadband and two mobiles.

Today I have chased my week overdue returned phone, sent away for a faulty display.

After waiting for 15 minutes while they found out what was taking it so long to be returned to me, I was finally informed that I had to pay £78 for a faulty sim reader... I was very confused, as previously mentioned that it was in for a faulty display.

I refused to pay it and asked to speak to someone else but they said that I would have to wait for a call back.

Anyway, now they are sending it back to me unrepaired and i have to wait up to ten days for someone to call me?

Is this some sort of scam?

Its annoying... the phone was not damaged and is only about 6 months old. The display started looking washed out and so it was returned.

Now i read this and it seems like it is some sort of fraud, either that, they are just completely incompetent.

Very unhappy bunny today.

0 Kudos