Menu
smushy
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

phone cancellation

Been a c&w/ntl/vm customer for 20+ years and with virgin mobile for 10 years.I quickly realized that the only way to get the best deals is to tell them your leaving as a result 2 years ago i ended up on a fantastic sim only deal for me and my partner. £5 p/m 150 mins unlimited data and texts. 

In august this year they wrote saying this tariff is outdated and will be going up, i rang to ask why and was advised they had no knowledge of the pending increase. 2 days later i get a letter saying my partners contract is going up, phoned up again, again same response. I then get text alerts advising contract will go up. i phoned up once more but this time asked for PAC code so i could start looking elsewhere, before the call ended VM had cancelled my contract and put me on PAYG 

didnt ask for that

phoned back and they said i wouldn't have to pay any notice period and i owe nothing. Went to carphone warehouse got a better deal transferred my number happy days.

few days later i did the same with my partners contract, same conversation "you owe nothing" back to carphone warehouse and were now both on ID.

Both VM contrats were cancelled in September

Now to the Problem;

I get a letter dated 29/11 stating i owe £6.03 for account number removed, I phoned VM and was told it was for a part month bill unpaid, when i pointed out the sum was larger than a full months contract i was then told sorry it was for data used outside the allowance. When i informed the customer representative i was on an unlimited data plan she then told me it was for a unbilled period. I then told her of the conversation i had when i cancelled the contract i.e. "you owe nothing" i was told that the rep was wrong to tell me that.The bill was then reduced to £4.03

so

I asked for an email clearly detailing which period this unpaid bill relates to,(vm removed the phone accounts from my login page and replaced with  PAYG account which ive never used)the adviser said she would do this and i would get the mail in minutes my email addrerss was confirmed at this time.

I have waited 4 days and nothing has arrived.

I wanted to start a dialogue on email so i have evidence of what is said instead of phone calls, but it seems VM dont have a contact email address, im not sure this is the place for resolution but after going through their website for an answer, i was directed here.

I dont want to end up with fees and a wrecked credit history for what is a relatively small amount and am willing to pay it if i owe it. All i want is the bill.

btw reason for leaving.. poor customer service

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: phone cancellation

Hi smushy

Welcome to the community and apologies for the issue you're experiencing with your bill. I'd like to see if I can shed some light on the situation so I've sent you a private message which you can view by clicking on the envelope in the top right. 

Take care.

Dave

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
smushy
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: phone cancellation

Satisfaction achieved
0 Kudos