Menu
Weevo36
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

no benefit for loyal customers

I have to point out I am highly disappointed over recent call to mobiles services. I recently received a letter saying that virgin are scrapping my loyalty discount for having all of my services with them and that my current mobile £5.60 3g tariff is to be put up to  £18.97.   speaking to mobile services they cannot offer any deals or loyalty discount anymore and cheapest they could offer was £9 which was 4g but offered 2gb as opposed to 5gb and madly 1500 minutes instead of 400. Why on earth would I need more minutes on a 4g data plan..  on 4g I would want more data than minutes.  The sales person was highly unhelpful and your current tariffs now offer nothing for loyal customers. I've hung on all this time waiting on you to bring 4G only to find now I get a kick in the teeth for being loyal to virgin

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: no benefit for loyal customers

A lot have had old tarriff's upped in price lately, so your not alone.

What the operator should have said to you, is that until Monday the £9 4g tarriff you were offered would come with the double data offer, so you'll receive 4gb instead of 2gb.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Parisian
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Teabag

I can only see the £9 SIM as having doubled to 2GB, but not 4GB?

Thanks

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Parisian wrote:

Hi Teabag

I can only see the £9 SIM as having doubled to 2GB, but not 4GB?

Thanks

Hi Parisian

Your correct, the £9 sim has 1gb doubled to 2gb.  Looks like I must have miss read it as the £12 sim :-(

My bad and to late to edit post above, thanks for putting me right :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Boggyanna
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I would agree. No benefit at all for being loyal for 15+ years. Now virgin expect my husband and I to recruit new business by sending us fabulous deals in the mail (currently for 4G with free tablet) but these deals are not valid for existing customers they are for 'new business' only. That's terrible why would you use existing customers in this way? When we joined virgin all those years ago we had phone , mobile and TV. When we moved house 4 years ago there are no cables so we cannot have TV or phone. We went to Sky. As soon as Sky do mobiles we will change to them. Sky do everything possible to keep as a customer and offer good deals as an incentive. They are also accessible on the phone and via email unlike virgin who provide an  ADDRESS to write to and if you call the help numbers and when you ring up you are on hold for ages then some one answers the call who doesn't understand what you are talking about and appears unable to do any thing but say they have to end the call or transfer you to another line where you hold for ages again the only time any one actually understands the language I am speaking, is when I ask for cancellations . The customer care is the worst I have ever come across anywhere ever. Once my contract ends I will move supplier to one that does not expect its existing customers to tout for new business , that is acessible via email and rewards its customers by at  least giving them the same deals as new customers. Perhaps all the money spent on sending glossy leaflets to my home asking me to tout for new business would be better spent looking after the customers you already have. Sky reward existing customers for bringing in new business virgin penalise theirs.  

0 Kudos
sweetthing
Up to speed
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I 100% agree with you.  We have been with Virgin since it was NTL and that is a lot of years.  I am now a widow, and have  Virgin Broadband, Virgin Mobile and  a Virgin Landline.  I only have a landline because the signal on my Virgin mobile in my house is non-existent so I am paying over £14 per month for something I would not need if their mobile phone signals worked.  I hardly ever use the landline it is there for people to ring me, because I have enough minutes per month on my mobile phone without having to use the landline to ring someone, the only problem is I have to go to the front of the house to receive or make any calls on my mobile phone.  M bill has now gone up to nearly £43 per month for something I hardly use.    My sons have told me to go to Sky as I am paying too much for what I have or even use.

I am sick to death of speaking to people who cannot speak the Queen's English and cannot even understand me so I have decided to tell Virgin where to stick their landline, broadband and mobile and buy a pay as you go 'phone, and let Sky give me a great deal.   I tried speaking to someone about getting a better deal if I included a TV package but they told me they could not help and to ring again later.

Virgin do not even have an email address, I think it is because their customer services not only cannot speak the Queens English, they cannot even write English so cannot answer or read emails. Sick to the back teeth of it all.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Weevo36

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties regarding your package. We are constantly striving to improve and provide the best value packages for our customers especially with our new 4G deals. We always take feedback on board and I'll ensure it gets to the right team.

Regards

Dave

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Weevo36
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I was forced to plump for the £9 deal in the end as no way I could afford the price increase you were going to impose so I'm now on 4 times minutes allowance and less than half of data allowance I had and paying more money. I agree with some of the sentiments of others on this thread and maybe if you sent me less junk mail offering me or friends and family deals you could afford to offer loyal customers a better deal. Let's face it if you treat your existing customers good then we are automatically more likely to want to promote virgin and it's services to other people.

Given my current circumstances and being made redundant I may soon have to scrap everything as going to need the cheapest deal I can get and these price hikes are getting out of hand making virgin less competitive.
0 Kudos