Menu
HairyHamster
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

new to Virgin but wheres my phone etc

Spoiler

I am a new Virgin mobile customer. I placed an order on Sat 23rd ( Order ID: 100000018929992 ). I have received 3 email since then 1 acknowledging the order, 1 asking me to verify my email address and a final one saying Welcome to virign media etc.

As of yet though I have no idea when my new phone is coming, Also no matter what I try I can't log into my VM account....every time I try it just says " sorry there has been a problem Please try later "

Could someone please look into this for me please.

0 Kudos
HairyHamster
Joining in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: new to Virgin but wheres my phone etc

26 views, moved by a mod yet still no answer....this is a great start to VM life.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

This is primarily a community based forum which means users responding to other users. VM staff do participate but it can take them time to get round to posts.  Your original post was in a place that was unlikely to attract any positive attention - which is why it was moved by one of the Forum's "Superusers" - a user with massive experience. 

It is also a Bank Holiday today and presumably you have had the day off. The staff have the same privilege as you.

Your problem is account specific and as a result the best answer you might expect is to phone in the query to VM.

There is always an issue about protecting privacy on a public forum.

Also VM staff don't have access on this Forum to VM Mobile account details.

We have already had a posting similar to yours about account log-in issues. I wonder if the issue is that you haven't yet created a VM mobile account?

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
HairyHamster
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi there 

When I created the order i created an account with my email and password combination, However every time I try to log in i get the error message i mentioned. ie " Oops, something's gone wrong! Please try again in a few moments. ".

I would phone CS however thanks to BT/SKY messing up I am with out a landline as well at the moment, ( They came out to fix a neighbours problem and messed my line up in the process Smiley Sad ). 

As of yet I don't have my new number or any details about it except from the email saying "You're in. Welcome to our gang!  " Also even though I asked for delivery tomorrow I don't know if my dad needs to stay in all day for me to sign for the phone or is he able to go out at all.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Bit stuck really.

The new VM mobile site seems to be plagued with issues (though I have t say it works for me) but I wonder if you might not try some things like clearing out your web cache and temporary internet files to see if that helps your log-in.

Beg steal or borrow access to another phone line for one call. Obliging neighbour or relative?

Good luck.

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi HairyHamster.

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you're having issues with your online account. I want to get this sorted for you. Are you able to re-register the account with a different email address to see if this works?

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi HairyHamster,

How did you get on with this?

Let me know if you need anything at all.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
HairyHamster
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have the app on  my phone but I am trying to see if I am eligible for an upgrade from sim only to contract....no matter what I do I cant log into the site.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi HairyHamster,

Thanks for stopping by.

I've replied to your post here.

To avoid confusion please respond to that one.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos