Menu
dch1950
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

new SIM card won't register, but I need that number

Hi all,
I recently purchased a cheap , unlocked (Nokia) phone, for a new business venture. I already had a new un-opened Virgin PAYG sim card and wanted to use that in the new phone. I had had business cards etc printed and was waiting delivery of the aforementioned phone. It duly arrives, I plug in the sim , and nothing - it won't register.(I checked the phone with another sim and it worked fine). What I would like to know is: can I get a replacement sim with the number I want associated with it. This will save me a lot of money and time if this can be done. I did contact virgin customer services about the sim, but they could only tell me that it hadn't been recycled and was active.Can anyone help please

regards

Dave Hickman

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: new SIM card won't register, but I need that number

Hi Dave,

if customer services are saying that the SIM is active are you sure your Nokia phone is unlocked - was the other SIM you tried Virgin?

Are you able to try it in another working Virgin or unlocked mobile phone to see if it registers.

If still no joy, I would suggest that you call customer services back and request a replacement SIM.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Superuser1718.png
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: new SIM card won't register, but I need that number

Hi dch1950

Sorry to hear about the inconvenience you're experiencing with your SIM lately, AlexKid's made some great suggestions if you're able to follow those, we'd love to hear how you get on.

If you're still having trouble, I'd like to take a closer look at this from our end for you. To allow me to do that, could you respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information? You can view the message by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

We'll talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos