Menu
1968linda
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

my voicemail wont click in for people to leave a message when people phone me.

Ive had my phone two months, and set up a voicemail message but phone  just rings and then says person you are calling is not available and no option for them to leave a message? Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: my voicemail wont click in for people to leave a message when people phone me.

1968linda wrote:

Ive had my phone two months, and set up a voicemail message but phone  just rings and then says person you are calling is not available and no option for them to leave a message? Any ideas?

Call into 150 and go with option 2 (Faults) -> Option 4 (For faults with your home phone service.) They'll check the voicemail setup (its provisioning) and correct any issues with it. This call in route is available until Midnight. A member of the Forum Team here could check the provisioning of your voicemail service (but the wait can be up to three days for them to pick up on a topic.) Though usually sooner, rather than later.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
1968linda
Just joined
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: my voicemail wont click in for people to leave a message when people phone me.

Hi there, thankyou but the problem is on my mobile phone?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

1968linda wrote:

Hi there, thankyou but the problem is on my mobile phone?

Then I'll move it to the mobile section Cat Happy

That aside, you can check your Virgin Mobile voice mail settings by signing into your Virgin Mobile account (if you have one) via this page: https://mobile.virginmedia.com/ecare/login and then I believe: Plan and device > Manage services > and click into the Voicemail option. If it is set to off, set it to on, it should then show a message saying that voice mail changes will come into effect in up to 24 hours. If you don't see that message, refresh and turn voice mail on again, keep doing that until you get the message I mentioned. Then wait 24 hours (as that is how long voice mail changes can take to come into effect.)

If you never registered a Virgin Mobile account or you did and it shows as on - then call into 789 / 0345 600 0789, go with the tech. support option (whichever number it is - I don't know as I have no SIMs with Virgin Mobile) and ask for them to sort out the voice mail issue.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos