Menu
Surf289
Joining in
Message 51 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Re: iPhone unlock

Hi Liam,

Looks like you were able to help merlinbrent with unlocking his iphone,

I also have a similar problem, I have an Iphone 5 s purchased from Carphone warehouse 2 years ago and used on Virgin Mobile Sim only plan. I am now trying to use my phone on a different network and it keeps asking saying activation required, then Sim card not supported.

Any chance you can advise me on how I should go about getting it unlocked,

Thanks Surf289

0 Kudos
merlinbrent
On our wavelength
Message 52 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Hi

The only people that could help me where EE.

The advice on this forum is to contact EE.

Nothing else will work.

Thanks
0 Kudos
VAF
Joining in
Message 53 of 56
Flag for a moderator

All these threads are very familiar. I am a long standing Virgin mobile customer (16+ years) and my problem is as follows:

A bought a iPhone 5S sim free from Carphone Warehouse last year. I have now upgraded to a new iPhone (and I am very happy with it). I know wish to give my old iPhone to a friend - they are unfortunately not with Virgin so I need to unlock it. Have rang Virgin they say IMEI number is not locked to us suggest you contact Apple', contacted Apple they say their records show the carrier is EE and to contact my network to unlock my iPhone. Again Virgin says the same as do Apple - Help!!

I have tried 'restoring' iPhone via connection to iTunes but my friend is still unable to use their sim. Please can you let me know what I should do next - I was going to contact EE but I've never been their customer.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 54 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Hi VAF,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you are having a problem with unlocking your iPhone. Has this been sorted out for you since your post? 

If you are still having an issue with this, please send me a private message by clicking this link: PM me here and provide the following details:

• Full name on the account
  • Mobile number

* For other forum users reading this, please only PM me if I have asked you to first.

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
VAF
Joining in
Message 55 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Terri, thanks for getting back to me. In the end I put a call into EE and they are currently processing my unlock. I'll get back to you if I have any problems. I must say the EE unlock team were really helpful - would definitely recommend giving them a call for any one else in the same situation.

0 Kudos
beckyriley-22
Joining in
Message 56 of 56
Flag for a moderator

I am having this exact same issue as well and have not got any further dealing with it
0 Kudos