Menu
sjh7225
Tuning in
Message 41 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Re: iPhone unlock

I spoke with a very helpful lady at EE this morning, unfortunately they cannot unlock my phone as it needs to be registered on their network for a minimum of 6 months, which for me is up at the beginning of November!! She confirmed they can unlock the phone then, but not before.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 42 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Hi sjh7225

Sorry to hear you've not been able to make progress with this.

I've popped you a Private Message, please respond to the PM directly, so we can take a closer look into things for you.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Walkerboy11
Tuning in
Message 43 of 52
Flag for a moderator

What about me?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 44 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Hi Walkerboy11

Could you let us know a little more about what's happened to you?

Where did you purchase your iPhone from and do you currently have an account with us?

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Walkerboy11
Tuning in
Message 45 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply,

I purchased the iPhone from Carphone warehouse and put a Virgin Sim Card in it. The phone is now locked to Virgin however I have recently cancelled my Virgin Sim card and purchased a Sim Card with a different Network. I do have a Virgin account and I have rang Virgin on numerous occasions and been told they cannot unlock the phone for me. So basically I have a phone locked to the Virgin network that I cannot use because I have changed my provider. Can you unlock the phone for me?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 46 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Hi Walkerboy11

Thanks for your post.

Any iPhones purchased from Carphone Warehouse will lock to the first network they're used with and this is an agreement Carphone Warehouse and Apple have come to.

If this wasn't advised to you when you purchased the phone, you may have reason to dispute with Carphone Warehouse.

To be clear, we don't play any part in the handset locking to one of our SIMs if used in one of these phones (technically it's actually EE that the iPhone will lock to).

If you have an active mobile account, we can look into getting this unlocked for you, but you do need to be an active customer of ours for us to be able to do this.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Walkerboy11
Tuning in
Message 47 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Carphone warehouse did explain to me that the phone will lock to the network of the first Sim Card placed into the device. They also explained that if I do want to change network that I should contact the current network the phone is locked to. I do have an active mobile account so can you look into this for me? What information do you need to get the ball rolling.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 48 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Hi Walkerboy11,

I will send you a private message requesting more information so that I can assist with this issue. Just click on the envelope icon at the top of this page.

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
DodgeRogM
Joining in
Message 49 of 52
Flag for a moderator

This advice is spot on , read it and did the same. Very good customer service with EE too. 

0 Kudos
dse1983
Joining in
Message 50 of 52
Flag for a moderator

I am not overly technical when it comes to phones, however even I know that iPhones lock to the first SIM card ... However The Virgin Mobile team say they can't unlock my phone.  Please help as I am getting no where on the phone to Virgin! Thank you

0 Kudos