Menu
Walkerboy11
Tuning in
Message 31 of 53
Flag for a moderator

Re: iPhone unlock

I am having the same problem and the phone advisors are not helping at all! I have even spoken to a manager and got nowhere. Hopefully someone can help me resolve this issue as I basically have a fully functioning iPhone that I can't use because it is locked to Virgin network.

0 Kudos
Whatapain
Tuning in
Message 32 of 53
Flag for a moderator

Read through advice given in earlier posts in this thread.
sjh7225
Tuning in
Message 33 of 53
Flag for a moderator

I too have an iPhone 7 that I purchased SIM free that has been locked to VM. Twice over the last month I have spoken to your call centre who have given me conflicting and extremely unhelpful information. Twice I have eventually been told that a request for my phone unlock has been submitted, and still no unlock after nearly 4 weeks!! I am at the end of my tether with the extremely unhelpful and absolute lack of customer service that I have been receiving from Virgin Mobile.

I emplore someone to please help me and get this situation resolved!!!

0 Kudos
Whatapain
Tuning in
Message 34 of 53
Flag for a moderator

Phone EE at 8am and explain that your phone is locked to EE but you are using it on Virgin. Pay £8.99 to have it unlocked. Should be done next working day.

Ee unlock team are a small team and get extremely busy nehce advice to call at 8am when lines just open. Good luck.
0 Kudos
sjh7225
Tuning in
Message 35 of 53
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Whatapain, I called EE, they say they cannot help me as it hasnt had an EE SIM inserted in it. It is all so very frustrating
0 Kudos
Whatapain
Tuning in
Message 36 of 53
Flag for a moderator

Phone tomorrow at 8am. You were unlucky, I had that response too. Took me 2-3 days. Virgin is a piggyback on EE so the phone is definitely locked to EE. Say to them your phone is locked to EE but you are using it on virgin.

Keep trying with EE. Say you would like to have your phone unlocked that is locked to EE but currently you are using it on Virgin.
0 Kudos
Whatapain
Tuning in
Message 37 of 53
Flag for a moderator

0800 956 6000 (option 2, option 4) EE
0 Kudos
Walkerboy11
Tuning in
Message 38 of 53
Flag for a moderator

Same problem here. EE saying they can't help as it isn't an EE sim and apparently they have no affiliation with Virgin. Virgin customer services are the worst I have ever experienced. I have an iPhone that can't be used now as it is locked to Virgin network.
0 Kudos
sjh7225
Tuning in
Message 39 of 53
Flag for a moderator

This is exactly what I am finding @Walkerboy11

I will try again tomorrow morning @Whatapain. I did speak to their online chat, they couldnt help me but confirmed the call centre on the phone can. I will keep persisting.

Really do not understand how a company with the reputation of Virgin can have such appauling customer service! Once I am unlocked I will be leaving them for sure, they do not deserve my money!
0 Kudos
Walkerboy11
Tuning in
Message 40 of 53
Flag for a moderator

Keep us updated if you can and if you solve the problem let us know the solution.