Menu
Tuning in
Message 21 of 32 (260 Views)

Re: iPhone unlock

It is unbelievable! For them to insist it is nothing to do with them but not tell us the solution is incredible! To actually say their only task is to supply a SIM and collect the cash.........I am sure Richard Branson would not like his reputation blackened in this way. I think we should write to him en masse. His secretary has been very useful to me in the past! 

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 22 of 32 (256 Views)

Originally I wanted compensation for my 15 or so wasted phone calls/time etc. Now I'd just be happy with a response and to know that the staff had been educated so they know what advice to provide to customers.

I don't know where the Virgin Mobile staff are based or what the level of competence is, but at a guess I'd imagine the same staff are probably supporting numerous other companies and have no real incentive to actually help us, and probably lack the skill set to do so.

For example my girlfriend has been waiting for her voicemail to be fixed for a number of months now. The only advice the phone staff have is to switch it off and back on again, and to try to dial a certain number etc.

But I suppose we get what we pay for. We pay peanuts for this service so sadly we get monkeys!
Tuning in
Message 23 of 32 (234 Views)

Goodbye Virgin! Not au revoir as I won't be back. EE did what they said they would do in just 24 hours. Am now connected to Vodafone and my number will be ported overnight. Virgin Customer Service - NON EXISTANT!

0 Kudos
Just joined
Message 24 of 32 (216 Views)

Just joined to say that I also had success going to EE.  They stated that my phone will be unlocked in 48 hours and it was £8.99.  Hope it goes through smoothly, and thanks to those that suggested this.  My phone was bought at Currys SIM free last April, and used with an existing Virgin Monthly SIM for a few months last year.

I'd like to add to keep at it though.  I spoke to 2 people that didn't know what I was talking about, but the third (In the Newcastle call centre) had me sorted immediately!

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 25 of 32 (204 Views)

I can across this forum while looking at solution for myself. I bought an unlocked brand new iphone se. The phone locked to Virgin after I inserted virgin sim.

After contacting virgin customer service they adviced they have filled out unlock request form. Now 5 working days have passed my phone is still locked I am so frustrated. I am paying virgin as well as another provider and am unable to switch sims. Help 😭

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 26 of 32 (176 Views)

Your quickest bet is to phone EE. And to speak to EMT escalations.

Don't bother calling virgin, total waste of your time.
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 27 of 32 (176 Views)

[ Edited ]

FYI: I've logged a formal complaint with Virgin, via an address the Twitter team sent me.

The same address I used when I originally wrote to them back in January - still not heard back!

let's see what happens this time, if there's no response i'm going to Ofcom.

sick of this! i'm sorted with my phone, but sick of how many people are having the same issue!

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 28 of 32 (134 Views)

Those of you that had it unlocked by ee, did you get a text or did you just wait 24hrs and put a new sim in and it worked?
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 29 of 32 (127 Views)

Just to confirm mine has been unlocked by ee too finally, within 24hrs. Virgin did attempt, however after 10 days I was told because the phone hasn't been purchased from them they don't have unlock codes. They do unlock their own phones.
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 30 of 32 (125 Views)

Good. Glad it's sorted 👍🏼
0 Kudos