Menu
MJC_OK
Dialled in
Message 31 of 85
Flag for a moderator

Re: iPhone X Order Update

Make the complaint anyway, I will be. All calls and chats are saved for six years or eighteen months respectively.

I will be requesting bill credit for time wasted chasing, blatant lies from “customer services”, money I’ve lost on selling my phone by the date I was told delivery would happe and just the sheer stress of it all!
0 Kudos
jamiewelton
Tuning in
Message 32 of 85
Flag for a moderator

Seeing so many people’s problems so far isn’t exactly filling me with confidence about mine coming on 2nd December either. Genuinely hope you guys get yours within the next week to help ease that but sounds like I shouldn’t hold my breath
0 Kudos
MJC_OK
Dialled in
Message 33 of 85
Flag for a moderator

I hope you’re keeping an eye on the Apple store - I am. I would rather get the phone on the Phone Payments plan for £46pm over 20 months. Add a sim and you should get a cheaper deal than VM, and avoid the £250 that VM have added on to the cost of the phone
0 Kudos
jamiewelton
Tuning in
Message 34 of 85
Flag for a moderator

We had to order one from Apple Store for my wife as she had the issue most are having of passing the credit check but failing VM’s internal score system. Hers is due from 27th November to 4th December; we’ll see who gets it first
ScottDouglas
Tuning in
Message 35 of 85
Flag for a moderator

This is a complete shambles 

Was told last night that it was with Yodel and it will be with me later on, just before 9pm.

Then comes this morning, to contact Yodel and find out that they can't do anything without a tracking number, which is fair enough. Wasn't given any emails for a dispatch from Yodel so I was always a bit sceptical about it all

So, I don't know what company Virgin honestly think they are, but they keep lying to us through the phones and live chat. They don't care about the effects, they just want you off the line as soon as possible.

Completely ridiculous 

Grangrad
Tuning in
Message 36 of 85
Flag for a moderator

This is,what made me even more suspicious, despite smelling a rat when I said to the advisor to forget it I’d take my business elsewhere you could hear the relief in her voice and was happy to cease the call there and then not once did she try to persuade me otherwise which is very unusual practice for such companies.

0 Kudos
MJC_OK
Dialled in
Message 37 of 85
Flag for a moderator

This is filling me with dread! If it’s this bad before you even get the phone, imagine what it will be like if you ever have a problem. I’ve previously had a terrible experience with the TV and broadband, so I should know better really.

Just wish I lived in London or Birmingham where the Apple stores have stock in daily!
0 Kudos
Scorchedbee
Tuning in
Message 38 of 85
Flag for a moderator

Hi all

In the same boat as a lot of others here.

Delivery date for my iPhone x was 11/11. I called on the 10th, while actually in the Apple store playing on one, to confirm it’ll be tommorow (11th). Yes I was told l, so I went ahead and bought a nice apple leather case for me and my wife.

Well 11th comes and no info from Yodel so I call VM who say it’s out for delivery and Yodel will contact me.... this is at 10:58.

15:00 - email from Virgin stating that due to the demand they can’t fulfil my order but I should have a update soon

I call VM again on Sunday 12th who now say it is now with Yodel and the delivery will be the 13th. I ask him to please double check, I get nice music for 3 minutes. “Yes sir it’s out for delivery and will be with you tommorow”. I call Work and arrange cover so I can be in for this delivery

Now you all know what happens here.... no info from Yodel and no delivery. Yet again call VM who state that no, no delivery date is on and even if they reprocess the order (why on earth I would want to start again l) that it would be December 2nd now. I ask to cancel both of the 256gb iPhone x’s but they assure me i will have an update in 24/48 hours and credit the account with £50.

Well, today is the 14th and I can be certain they won’t update me today... or tommorow for that matter. So I’m stuck in limbo here!

What on earth do I do to get a straight answer of a delivery date. Surely someone in VM can help, two of these phones are a lot of money and commitment to VM yet the service I am getting is both being lied to and no one taking ownership and caring.

One very unhappy VM customer
0 Kudos
MJC_OK
Dialled in
Message 39 of 85
Flag for a moderator

Another tale of outright lies from the VM “customer service” team.

How did you get the £50 credit? Are you an existing customer? I was told they couldn’t credit my account until my phone arrived and my account was created .... another lie I suspect
0 Kudos
Scorchedbee
Tuning in
Message 40 of 85
Flag for a moderator

I’m a current customer upgrading two iPhone 7 Plus’s to 2 x 256gb iPhone Xs.

I won’t hold my breath for the £50 either
0 Kudos