Menu
jamiewelton
Tuning in
Message 1 of 81
Flag for a moderator

iPhone X Order Update

Hi,

I recently ordered the iPhone X through the website and did the credit agreement online as I was instructed. However I haven’t received any email updates on my order since this time and am wondering whether my phone will actually turn up on 2nd December as it was stated when I ordered?

I can’t even track the order online as if I try to log into the online account I set up it states my details may still be being verified. So with no way to track my order I’m looking for a little reassurance and confirmation that all is good and that I will hear something soon and my phone will arrive as agreed on 2nd December.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Grangrad
Tuning in
Message 2 of 81
Flag for a moderator

Re: iPhone X Order Update

It will be interesting to see how your order progresses, I aparantly passed the credit check but virgin mobile like a t4 pass for the iPhone x and I scored a t3.according to Experian these scores only relate to virgin.

i received a phone call telling me there were ways I can increase my score but I knew this was a con so I withdrew my purchase.

on checking this further it appears that virgin have been wrapped by ofcom for the 36 month contract deals and in some cases they are now requesting substantial upfront fees, the low offer priced I believe do not exist others have tried to challenge virgin but they refuse to discuss it with individual customers concerned.

0 Kudos
MJC_OK
Dialled in
Message 3 of 81
Flag for a moderator

There’s a few threads already about this subject, many of which I’ve commented on ... but here goes

The short answer is; you won’t know it’s coming until Yodel send you a message saying that it’s on it’s way. You will not be able to register online until you have your phone number registered, which happens when you get your phone.

Mine is supposed to arrive tomorrow, I’ve so far heard nothing.
MJC_OK
Dialled in
Message 4 of 81
Flag for a moderator

Just been on to the Live Chat and they have confirmed that my order has been dispatched. Great news!

I would recommend using that channel to find out updates, much easier than calling
jamiewelton
Tuning in
Message 5 of 81
Flag for a moderator

Thank you MCJ. Will try them in a bit. Thanks for the update, gives me some confidence that all will be good. Enjoy your phone when it arrives
0 Kudos
ScottDouglas
Tuning in
Message 6 of 81
Flag for a moderator

Hello MJC!

I attempted to contact a live chat support option but was told it was the wrong department due to limited resources to get the information I needed. I'm wanting to get the same information as you, to see if my new phone has been dispatched or not.

If possible, could you let me know what support department you chose for live chat that will give me an answer?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
JakeMale
Tuning in
Message 7 of 81
Flag for a moderator

I had the same issue as do alot of people. The normal way a phone contract works is you  need a good credit rating on Experian or others but with virgin you have this stupid system where they have there own credit score and you need to hit T4 with virgin. I called up the number they give you when your order is parked, liked mine was, all they do is force you to take another phone like the iPhone 8 to get your score with them up.

I just went to Mobiles.co.uk and got a deal and i'm just waiting for there stock, should be getting it next week sometime. 

Wsattar
Tuning in
Message 8 of 81
Flag for a moderator

I just had an email from virgin now saying mines been delayed - was scheduled for yesterday - emails now saying within the next 7 days.

0 Kudos
ScottDouglas
Tuning in
Message 9 of 81
Flag for a moderator

Yeah same, mine was scheduled for tomorrow but just received the email saying it will be with me within 7 days. I really hope this one is accurate :/

0 Kudos
MJC_OK
Dialled in
Message 10 of 81
Flag for a moderator

Yep - PLOT TWIST

I got the same email, so I went back on chat and was told that my order had been picked and dispatched, so now I’m not sure what to believe

@ScottDouglas - I used the chat option that I was interested in a new phone (or whatever it says) and they helped me. You may find that they try to fob you off, saying that they don’t have the info because they’re sales. It’s BS, they do and can access your data.

To rub salt in it today, they then tried to “sell” me a free PAYG SIM!
0 Kudos