Menu
JAMESY12
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

i am losing £1 each day from my £10 top up...haven't made any calls ??

hello,i am a newbie with mobile, i got a payasyougo sim with £10 credit, bought the 120 mins plus unlimited landline package. supposed to allow me to keep my £10 credit if i should need it to make additional calls. i have not made any calls as yet. but each day i either drop £1 ,,,or £2....don't know why ?? or even what i should be turning off if anything...please help..i am a disabled elderly person who can ill afford this lose each day. thanks in advance...

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: i am losing £1 each day from my £10 top up...haven't made any calls ??

It sounds like you've got apps installed which are using data rather than WiFi. As the £1 to £2 incurred a day is common sign of that activity going on.

Depending on the mobile you have, it will come with varying degrees of options to curb that. For example, my sort-of-smart phone allows me to turn DATA usage of and roaming data off. But it does not give me the option of per app settings (I.E. to tell the app to use WiFi or Data.)

If you name the make plus model of your phone we'll be able to refer you to a help guide. Or you could just Google: "Phone make+model limit apps to WiFi" and "Phone make+model turn off data usage."

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

an alternative if you do not need data access is to get VM to turn it off from their end - that way whatever the settings on the phone it cannot access data 

Tony
0 Kudos
JAMESY12
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello,thanks for your swift reply. Got it sorted. My wife told me to call virginmedia, who talked me through the problem. They also reimbursed my lost £5....I had apps running which I knew nothing about as its a new phone, and I am really a novice to this type of phone....many thanks again...

0 Kudos
JAMESY12
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello,many thanks for your swift reply, got it sorted. Virginmedia also reimbursed my £5,,,,,,,thanks once again....happy chap ppt.....
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

That's great, I'm glad that got it sorted (and reimbursed too - nice.) Cat Happy

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
JAMESY12
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

MANY THANKS. for all your help....jamesy12
0 Kudos