Menu
shaker44
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

how do iget a micro sim card

I need to get a micro sim for my new phone to replace my standard sim with virgin. Cant see how to do that online and cant find the online chat service. does it still exist?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: how do iget a micro sim card

shaker44 wrote:

I need to get a micro sim for my new phone to replace my standard sim with virgin. Cant see how to do that online and cant find the online chat service. does it still exist?

The online chat options for Virgin Mobile were removed for unspecified security reason(s.) So either you can drop into your local Virgin Media store to do the SIM swap (some customers have reported doing this successfully.) Or call into 789 to request the SIM swap. If you're a PAYG user, they want to charge £5 to do the swap. You can always choose to decline and call in again. The next agent may offer the SIM swap for free.

To avoid hassle (when doing it call-in wise) and on free delivery basis (3-5 working days) ask for it on a self activation basis, so that you don't find yourself cut off for some days. Or in the case not going for the self activation option, pay £2.99 for next working day delivery.  If you call in about it before 4PM, you should get it the next working day.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

shaker44 wrote:

The online chat options for Virgin Mobile were removed for unspecified security reason(s.) So either you can drop into your local Virgin Media store to do the SIM swap (some customers have reported doing this successfully.) Or call into 789 to request the SIM swap. If you're a PAYG user, they want to charge £5 to do the swap. You can always choose to decline and call in again. The next agent may offer the SIM swap for free.

To avoid hassle (when doing it call-in wise) and on free delivery basis (3-5 working days) ask for it on a self activation basis, so that you don't find yourself cut off for some days. Or in the case not going for the self activation option, pay £2.99 for next working day delivery.  If you call in about it before 4PM, you should get it the next working day.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
shaker44
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. I wonder if those 'unspecified security reasons' were a cover up for cost saving??

I havent tried to use Virgin customer service for a while as I am out of the country but boy it seems to have gone downhill...

When I am back in London I will try a Virgin shop as you suggest- thank you.

0 Kudos