Menu
missus61
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

how do I get a VAT invoice???

Hi, 

I've just signed up for a Virgin package of new phone and monthly tariff.  The total amount is spread across 24 months. I can claim back certain costs as expenses from my employer but need to provide a VAT invoice. If I go into my online account, I can download an individual monthly bill but the bill doesn't show the VAT element and clearly state it's not a VAT invoice.  If I click on the link for a VAT invoice, although it shows my monthly bill correctly, the VAT information is not for this single bill, it's for the whole amount (ie, 24 months' worth).

I've spent ages on the phone to customer services but with no success. They can't tell me how or who to contact to get a monthly VAT invoice.  It must be possible; I get VAT invoices for another number on my account. Who do I get in touch with to get it sorted for this phone?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: how do I get a VAT invoice???

Hi missus61

Firstly a huge welcome to our community forums.

I'm sorry for any confusion with our VAT receipts. When we changed to freestyle contracts (the handset is on a interest free loan) this is the reason the cost for VAT shows for the handset in full and not monthly.

You would have to manually work this amount out for the handset yourself.

For the sim-only part of the contract, when viewing online for your ebill if you choose the VAT Invoice option this will show you the bill linked to the sim-only part of the phone.

If you have group billing setup the invoice is for all the numbers in that FA account number bill.

Hope this helps,

Daniel_G - Forum Team

Need help swapping your SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM here. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
missus61
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: how do I get a VAT invoice???

Hi Daniel,

Thanks very much for your reply. Unfortunately it seems that now I'm stuck on two counts - and getting more confused by the minute!  1) I have no access to a bill for the handset; the only "bill" I have is the credit agreement which states the monthly amount and the number of months the agreement runs for; I definitely don't have access to any handset-specific bill/VAT invoice; and when I phoned Virgin I was told there is no VAT on the handset??????  2) the VAT invoice for the SIM-only part of the invoice (the calls package) shows the whole 24 month total of VAT too, not just the VAT relevant to that particular month's call package. I've double and triple checked following your reply but the SIM element definitely shows the VAT element for the whole 24 months. But thank you anyway.

0 Kudos