Menu
caravanj
Fibre optic
Message 11 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: excess data usage

I now do a daily check of my VM account & I've not had an excess data usage charge to date.

Having said that, the phone in which I use the VM SIM card isn't a 4G phone but it can still connect to the internet & send & receive emails on 2.5 G

If I do then I will post it on the forum.

0 Kudos
Wayne58
Joining in
Message 12 of 15
Flag for a moderator

As previously advised, VM agreed to refund me the over-charge for November-December (£39) and have been true to their word.  I have to make another call about the over-charge for December-January (£33), because my call was too late to change the billing but too early to authorise a refund (I didn't bother asking!).  The good news is that there have been no excess charges this month after 8 days, so looking good.

I do hope they have solved this, because I've had this contract for about 9-10 years and this is only the second issue I have had in all that time (I will not bore you with the other issue).

Thanks to everyone who has contributed.

0 Kudos
nickc12
Joining in
Message 13 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi not a good day for me with Virgin, what with problems re trade up (in another thread) and now noticed my January bill was higher than normal. I too have the same issue as you.  Three lots of £3.00 added to my bill. Virgin Call Center man insisting everything was right their end. I tried to explain to him that the bill was wrong in my opinion, ie internet usage times in middle of the night or early morning and the  "In Tariff" box differing Yes and No from line to line on the bill. I told him I turned the phone off at night making sure mobile data was always switched off and asked how then could this bill be correct. I had the answer that mobile phones can turn themselves on. This I agreed was possible but not for someone who is computer literate and been using mobiles since they were shaped like bricks. I also said that the bill did not add up to anyway near my 2 gig allowance but apparently I didnt understand adding up kbs into Mbs.

There was an offer to waive the charge which I refused as I wanted the discrepancies to be explained to me and an acknowledgement that there was possibly an error on Virgins sidethis he could provide.  I regard a waiver as hush money sort of shut up and go away. But I have a feeling this will happen again.

0 Kudos
tb1955
Tuning in
Message 14 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I already have 3 X £3 spurious charges in this month's bill even though I have only used 110 Mb out of my 300 Mb allowance.  Last bills have also included spurious £3 internet usage charges even though I was well within my allowance. I have written to Virgin after having spoken with various help desk agents and forum team members. There is obviously a big problem with their billing system which appears to have been going on for some time, and is continuing to cause concern.  It would be interesting to know how many accounts are affected with this pain of a problem.

0 Kudos
alistair12
Joining in
Message 15 of 15
Flag for a moderator

They don't care one bit I have been waiting 3 1/2 weeks now for my deadlock letter. All that means is another wasted non productive phone call to god knows where, but I won't let it lie.
0 Kudos