Menu
kenoliver
Superfast
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

end of contract

Hi

I wonder if anyone from Support can help me?

I am a few weeks before the end of my contract I want to stay with VM but its hard to find any information as to how I can do this and VM have not been in touch with me yet

I have tried now for 2 days to get through on the telephone but Que times are excessive so have not been able to get through

I quite simply want to change to a SIM only deal but there is no way I can find of doing this, and don't  want VM to be taking my Direct Debit out for the full amount after my contract ends 

So any help would be appreciated, as I would have hopped that VM would want to retain its customers and make it easy to talk to someone about a new deal

Thanks

Hold on tight to your Dreams...(ELO)
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: end of contract

Sadly you need to call I that's the only option to continue, if you were leaving a letter would do. 

0800 952 2040 should do it

Spoiler

0 Kudos
kenoliver
Superfast
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the input but I really need to get 4G now and at the moment VM don't offer it,

EE would seem to be my best option as their SIM deals are in line with VM and offer the faster 4G and 4GEE

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Of course, but by the time you start on EE Virgin should have 4G available, no idea on availability f pricing yet
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi kenoliver,

Thanks for your post on the Forum, sorry to hear that you are having problems contacting Customer Services to discuss changing your tariff. 

There are several ways to get in touch other than calling on 789 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile) or 0345 6000 789 (from any other phone) or 150 (free from a Virgin Media landline). You can also get in touch with us via WebChat: Contact Us

We don't currently support 4G mobile networking on Virgin Mobile, however we do have plans to launch this in the future, so watch this space!

Many Thanks,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
kenoliver
Superfast
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri_P

Thank you for that information. I have managed to contact the renewal team and organised a SIM only 30 day rolling contract so will give it a couple of months to see if 4G comes along

But as a long time VMobile and VMedia customer I am used to the "coming soon, but never arrives promises " but hopefully this one will in fact happen

Thanks again

0 Kudos
kenoliver
Superfast
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello all

So now VM have 4G I am comming home again (well trying to) I need a new phone and contract, but I cant log into my old account to organise this

So is there anyone from support who can help me get into my account so I can organise a new contract

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi kenoliver,

Thanks for your post on the Forum. It's great to hear that you're coming back to Virgin Mobile! 

If your account is still active, just go to https://mobile.virginmedia.com/ecare/login and click on Forgotten your username and password. Enter the active mobile number and continue to follow the onscreen instructions to reset your online account. 

If your account was cancelled, then you will need to call in 0800 052 0238 so our Sales team can arrange a new contract for you. Alternatively, go to our online site: http://store.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-mobile.html and click on the Live Chat option over to the left side of the screen and have a chat with our team about this.

Please let me know if I can help with anything else.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
kenoliver
Superfast
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately none of that worked, it seems my old account is stopping me ordering a SIM, Ive tried several times but to no avail so am I locked out of VM ?
0 Kudos